small fixed blade

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
swigert

Re: small fixed blade

Post by swigert »

Can someone post pics of the enuff knives. I always thought they were bigger than they are. I really like small fixed blades for appendix horizontal carry. Kydex and a g clip work really well for this method.
PWork

Post by PWork »

I've always liked small fixed blades. I had a Spot years ago but couldn't warm to the blade shape. I was OK with the size. The Swick 4 has my interest and that ARK has some real potential. I'd like to see something in the Squeak to Dragonfly size range with a choil and the sheath aimed at neck and horizontal belt carry.
Paul
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Hey Travvy, here's a terrible cel phone pic of pacific salt (endura), sage 3, and Swick.

i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Thanks surfingringo.. it's smaller than I thought!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

i am travvy wrote:Thanks surfingringo.. it's smaller than I thought!
Yup, me too. I was pretty surprised when I got mine. Fits the hand really well though! This is definitely one of those smart Spyderco designs that grows on you the more you use it.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

JD Spydo wrote:No I want something with a blade at least 2 & 1/2 to 3 & 1/4 inches long
Isn't that in Spyderco Mule territory?

It seems to me that Spyderco makes a lot of small fixed blades, but maybe not as small as that TOPS knife. I think TOPS is unique in that most of their knives use carbon steel blades, which is great for utility uses. Spyderco OTOH makes fixed blades that are much more elegant, but mostly using stainless steel blades.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Surfingringo wrote:
i am travvy wrote:Thanks surfingringo.. it's smaller than I thought!
Yup, me too. I was pretty surprised when I got mine. Fits the hand really well though! This is definitely one of those smart Spyderco designs that grows on you the more you use it.
I agree Lance!! :cool: John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

bdblue wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:No I want something with a blade at least 2 & 1/2 to 3 & 1/4 inches long
Isn't that in Spyderco Mule territory?

It seems to me that Spyderco makes a lot of small fixed blades, but maybe not as small as that TOPS knife. I think TOPS is unique in that most of their knives use carbon steel blades, which is great for utility uses. Spyderco OTOH makes fixed blades that are much more elegant, but mostly using stainless steel blades.
The dimensions may indeed be the size of the blade of the MULE model but if you read the 2 previous posts I made it clearly says that I would like a blade somewhat like the one on the "Dodo" or a classic "Reverse S". I think you misunderstood what I'm asking for. The one pic that was given of the older SPOT model shows a fixed blade I would like to see but the blade on the SPOT model is barely over 3/4 ths of an inch long. That's why I want the blade to be at least 2 1/2 to 3 1/4 inches long.

Or a Harpy sized or Superhawk sized fixed bladed Hawkbill.
glbpro

Post by glbpro »

swigert wrote:Can someone post pics of the enuff knives. I always thought they were bigger than they are. I really like small fixed blades for appendix horizontal carry. Kydex and a g clip work really well for this method.
Here you go - the Enuffs are almost exactly the same size as the open Delica.

swigert

Post by swigert »

glbpro wrote:
swigert wrote:Can someone post pics of the enuff knives. I always thought they were bigger than they are. I really like small fixed blades for appendix horizontal carry. Kydex and a g clip work really well for this method.
Here you go - the Enuffs are almost exactly the same size as the open Delica.

Exactly what I was looking for in a pic. Thanks