Magnacut thin slicey lightweight frn

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
sailhand

Magnacut thin slicey lightweight frn

Post by sailhand »

I only basically own spyderco knives but it is interesting to watch the thin slicey lightweight frn magnacut hogue deka sell out around the world. There is a lesson to be learnt here I think. There is a market for lightweight thin and slicey especially in magnacut. I wonder if spyderco will tap into this market. Sub 3 inch 2.5mm thick or less around 2 Oz and I'll be reaching for my wallet. Are there other slicey lightweight magnacut fans out there?? Maybe the UK penknife. Any other thin lightweight models you think would suit.
horzuff

Re: Magnacut thin slicey lightweight frn

Post by horzuff »

The Deka might have a thin spine but the BTE thickness is not optimal to say it nicely. I own plenty Spydercos that cut way better. Wish the Kapara came out in MagnaCut, seems like a perfect platform with it's thin geometry. And an opportunity for MagnaCut's edge stability to shine in a kitchen-knife-like edge that would work great on the kitchen-knife-like Kapara :)
Geometry

Post by Geometry »

The chaparral seems like a good one! I don't imagine it's likely since it's point was to showcase *handle* materials, and xhp seems to be something they like on Taichung models. Can't really complain about that though!

I've never had a knife reground, but it's been on my mind lately. I just really want to try that stupid thin edge geometry you rarely see in a production knife, maybe magnacut will be a good option for that!
:bug-white-red I like using my brain around people smarter than myself.
horzuff

Post by horzuff »

I got my Police 4 LW K390 reground to somewhere around 0.01" BTE and it just flows through everything, especially with a 15dps (or less) edge. Highly recommended.

And if there ever comes a larger blade in MagnaCut I'll probably get it reground if the factory geometry isn't near to 0,01" BTE