Counterfeit Hundred Pacer?...

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Coastal

Counterfeit Hundred Pacer?...

Post by Coastal »

Has anyone heard of the Hundred Pacer being cloned? I ask because when I tried to replace the pivot screws with aftermarket screws, they were nowhere near a fit. Both the knife and the screws came from reputable secondary-market sellers.

The original pivot screws on my example Hundred Pacer are smaller than I expected, roughly 0.150" (3.8 mm) thread diameter by 0.125" (or possibly 3 mm) length. I know Taichung screws are sometimes weird, and I can't tell if these are metric or English screws. The aftermarket screw purveyor's database says the proper pivot screws are M4 x 4.5.

I have no reason to believe the screw seller is lying, but his database could be wrong. I have no reason to believe the knife seller deliberately sold me a counterfeit, but he may have received it from a disreputable source.

Could someone tell me what the proper pivot screw size is for the Hundred Pacer, or measure theirs, or post a picture, or just tell me if yours looks about like this?