DLC Rex 45 Shaman

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
bgcameron

DLC Rex 45 Shaman

Post by bgcameron »

I am trying to find out the origin of a Shaman that is posted in a facebook group. It appears to be modded (a lot). My concern is that I have never seen a DLC coated rex 45 Shaman blade. The seller sent me this photo- something looks off. Someone's homebrew DLC?

image upload
WyoJon

Re: DLC Rex 45 Shaman

Post by WyoJon »

That finish looks too uneven around the blade tang to be factory. Kinda looks like spray paint. Color is off, looks a bit speckled. Someone needs to learn to sharpen. Spydercos are like kimbers, everything will look and feel perfect if its real. The fact the person is sending you pictures of the blade off is a red flag.
bgcameron

Post by bgcameron »

WyoJon wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:19 pm
That finish looks too uneven around the blade tang to be factory. Kinda looks like spray paint. Color is off, looks a bit speckled. Someone needs to learn to sharpen. Spydercos are like kimbers, everything will look and feel perfect if its real. The fact the person is sending you pictures of the blade off is a red flag.
I am not looking to buy- just trying to help the seller. The blade photo was at my request. We are both trying to figure this thing out.
horzuff

Post by horzuff »

Looks more like it was dumped into ferric chloride with some protection around the pivot/detent area
JoshLikesSekiCityKnives

Post by JoshLikesSekiCityKnives »

That DLC looks pretty bad and not any DLC coating I ever seen.