Guess who bought from Fakeman?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
yablanowitz

Guess who bought from Fakeman?

Post by yablanowitz »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364094086387

I contacted this seller the first time I saw this fake listed. She pulled it once, then listed it again with a lame "may be a replica" disclaimer. This is at least the second one she has listed, so she must have bought several. She also has a stainless fake listed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364096855655

I think an official "cease and desist" is in order.
SpyderForLyfe

Re: Guess who bought from Fakeman?

Post by SpyderForLyfe »

That police is as fake as a $3 bill. $31 is a rip off.
rgc

Post by rgc »

WOW, it is up to $113.50 with $7 shipping extra . . . and she now states it is most likely a replica . . . people on ebay are idiots sometimes.
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

rgc wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:29 pm
WOW, it is up to $113.50 with $7 shipping extra . . . and she now states it is most likely a replica . . . people on ebay are idiots sometimes.

EBay Police are like Deputy Barney in Mayberry
JoshLikesSekiCityKnives

Post by JoshLikesSekiCityKnives »

Not to rehash an old thread. But I just seen she sold it for $122. Dang I gotta hand it to her for making that much $$$ even though it's crooked. I had this same knife 8 years ago I bought on EBAY for $30. To my defense I just started getting into folders and did not know it was fake until I learned more about cutlery and Spyderco.
EDIT: Whoever bought this got taken. And yet I feel no pity for them since it is not hard to look up prices from legitimate sources. And the fact the seller even stated it is or may be a reproduction.