Etsy selling & promoting counterfeits.

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
JRinFL

Etsy selling & promoting counterfeits.

Post by JRinFL »

There are several sellers on Etsy selling cheap counterfeit Spyderco knives. Not hard to find and are promoted if you have ever searched for Spyderco.

I have reported these several times over several months and no apparent action has been taken by Etsy. It’s time for Spyderco to unleash their lawyers.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Manixguy@1994

Re: Etsy selling & promoting counterfeits.

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JRinFL wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:32 am
There are several sellers on Etsy selling cheap counterfeit Spyderco knives. Not hard to find and are promoted if you have ever searched for Spyderco.

I have reported these several times over several months and no apparent action has been taken by Etsy. It’s time for Spyderco to unleash their lawyers.
I rarely bother to look at their site because of of this reason . Glad you gave a heads up , if they don’t clean the house I move the mouse ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Spyderco needs to do the steps listed on this government website, if they haven't already.
https://www.stopfakes.gov/article?id=Re ... ated-Goods
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
David from NC 2

Post by David from NC 2 »

I just found one and came here to report, and before posting used "search" and found this thread...like the ones at gun shows...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1340428639 ... ch_click=1

Found it looking for replacement scales. Granted-it does say "clone"...but...

I know it's common but it irritates me to no end... :cussing
JoshLikesSekiCityKnives

Post by JoshLikesSekiCityKnives »

Etsy went from crafted art and products to allowing mass production. Their own fault. I quit shopping on that worthless site.
Last edited by JoshLikesSekiCityKnives on Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

Best suggestion is to contact zesty, and hope they remove.

Not sure how this works, but might help.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I have reported them, numerous times. Etsy will take action only after they get taken to court, just like what happened to EBay. There is sooo much money flowing in from China Inc. that harsh legal action is the only remedy to this. Too bad the companies most damaged don't have the time or deep pockets to take every miscreant into court.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JoshLikesSekiCityKnives

Post by JoshLikesSekiCityKnives »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:48 am
I have reported them, numerous times. Etsy will take action only after they get taken to court, just like what happened to EBay. There is sooo much money flowing in from China Inc. that harsh legal action is the only remedy to this. Too bad the companies most damaged don't have the time or deep pockets to take every miscreant into court.
I ordered a cheapo Viking style deco knife once from a vendor on ETSY. Waited 11 days before I finally sent a single Email politely asking if my package was sent. And no worries have a wonderful week.
His response was I have not sent it because you constantly harass me and I have your address kid. This is not f'king Amazon.
I got a bit pissed because my Godmother and Godfather live here. I came very close to paying him a visit and smashing his face in with a pipe. Mess with me all you want. Threaten my loved ones in the house we share? >:[ **** no. >:[ That crap don't fly with me.
I kept my cool though and did not reply. I filed a dispute with my bank and showed that message to them as reason of filing a dispute on top of a veiled threat. All because I asked about delivering a package that was over a week late and even gave them Another 4 days to just send it to the post office.
I left a bad review for that clown and so called Ex veteran. The bank even told me I could have went to the police and possibly pressed charges. I just let it go.
Ended up getting the knife a week later after the dispute. I ended up giving it away As I refuse to own stuff from those who feel like they have right to make veiled threats to my home and family.
I quit ETSY and never looked back.