Authenticity questioned on knife I sold

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
carson57

Authenticity questioned on knife I sold

Post by carson57 »

Hello all,

I’m new here and am hoping this is the proper way of going about this. Regardless I recently sold a Spyderco Military C36GPE On eBay and when it arrived the buyer was saying it was fake. He said the date stamp and liner lock were questionable. I’ve sold numerous Spyderco knives some much more valuable than this one as well, all from a reputable long time authorized dealer. I Was hoping if someone could possibly help clear the air, I’m very confident the knife is genuine but maybe someone has an eye for these better than me. Any and all help would go miles!

Thanks,
Carson
Attachments
D96DBAFC-405C-4F5D-9DCA-36240506CEAB.jpeg
CE388387-6C7D-4CAB-BDF7-F83F692C7AAE.jpeg
73CE9319-3AD3-44A0-9E78-47497F165EBF.jpeg
Michael Janich

Re: Authenticity questioned on knife I sold

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Carson57:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

carson57 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:12 pm
I recently sold a Spyderco Military C36GPE On eBay and when it arrived the buyer was saying it was fake.
Welcome.
Two things are certain:

1. eBay is not your friend.
2. PayPal is not your friend.

Do what you can to alleviate the buyer's concerns, and hopefully you made enough money to compensate for the hassles. And if the buyer is a jerk about it, hopefully you won't lose too much money. Your experience is why I don't sell anything on eBay, and why I avoid PayPal. Good luck.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

Your pics are way too small to authenticate the knife. I will say that the date code on the box (Nov. 2012) matches the CQI state of the knife (screwed stop pin, small lanyard tube, single pivot screw with domed pin on show side, etc). The Millie has had high fidelity pre-CQI counterfeits for many years, so you'll need to post high resolution pics for proper authentication.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

It's impossible to tell from those pictures. The date code on the box is November of 2012 if I figure correctly, and it appears to be a pre-CQI C36P Military which would be correct for that time period, but it certainly isn't new. The buyer was probably expecting a newer, CQI piece.