Fake-O-Rama on eBay

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
yablanowitz

Fake-O-Rama on eBay

Post by yablanowitz »

My favorite Police Model fake vendor was emboldened by beating the clock on his last auctions, even though he didn't sell anything. New zero feedback account, three pages of fakes. Police, Harpies, Para2s, Shamans, Szabos, even a Subvert.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=she ... 561.l49496

I spent more than half an hour reporting stuff.
yablanowitz

Re: Fake-O-Rama on eBay

Post by yablanowitz »

There's going to be a bunch of disappointed people. I counted 59 auctions with at least one bid this morning.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

yablanowitz wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:37 am
There's going to be a bunch of disappointed people. I counted 59 auctions with at least one bid this morning.
I noticed yesterday on eBay someone selling Pacific Salts for $55 . I sent him a message such a low price and appeared he had sold several . He has never replied , not sure if legit or not . Definitely too good to be true . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Annoys me why eBay hasn't started pulling these listings and banning the sellers. Honestly, I don't think they care.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

They pulled the listings the first three times I reported them before the auctions ended. The seller starts a new account and lists everything again, running shorter auctions until he has gotten down to where time runs out before eBay acts.

New zero feedback account, same pictures and descriptions, shipping from same place in China.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=wuy ... 561.l49496

Makes me want to get on a plane to China, track him down and cut his throat with one of his own knock-offs.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:38 am
yablanowitz wrote:
I noticed yesterday on eBay someone selling Pacific Salts for $55 . I sent him a message such a low price and appeared he had sold several . He has never replied , not sure if legit or not . Definitely too good to be true . Dan
yablanowitz, Thank you! I've shared the listings with the appropriate people.

Dan, could you post a link to the Pacific Salt you found. We'd love to take a look.

We appreciate everyone's continued support!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I especially like the Vaquero marked as a Voyager on the blade and listed as an Espada.

There are still a few live listings from the previous account as well as three pages from the new name.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageImage[/img]
TazKristi wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:24 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
yablanowitz wrote:

Dan, could you post a link to the Pacific Salt you found. We'd love to take a look.

Kristi
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:16 pm
ImageImage[/img]
TazKristi wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
yablanowitz wrote:

Kristi
I reported the item this morning . Seller I marked as Sponsored ? Dan
Henry David Thoreau
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I think "Sponsored" just means they've paid extra to have their listings advertised.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

TazKristi wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
yablanowitz wrote:

Kristi
Well, that didn't take long. Already back, same listings.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=gua ... 561.l49496
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

And once again Fakeman is back. Only a couple of pages this time, it looks like he gave up on Cold Steel fakes.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=hua ... 561.l49496
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Its an endless battle.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

yablanowitz wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:38 am
I think "Sponsored" just means they've paid extra to have their listings advertised.
I’m an eBay dummy , so this may be a stupid question , why is this allowed , or do the sellers just set up another account ? Seems like eBay really does not put much effort closing and maintaining fake products. I rarely buy anything off eBay . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 6:41 am
yablanowitz wrote:
I’m an eBay dummy , so this may be a stupid question , why is this allowed , or do the sellers just set up another account ? Seems like eBay really does not put much effort closing and maintaining fake products. I rarely buy anything off eBay . Dan
Why is it allowed to buy advertising for your listings? Why are one hour television programs 42 minutes when the commercials are left out?
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

yablanowitz wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 11:36 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 6:41 am
yablanowitz wrote:
Why is it allowed to buy advertising for your listings? Why are one hour television programs 42 minutes when the commercials are left out?
Thanks Yab , silly me … all about money . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

And fakeman rides again.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=ron ... rue&_pgn=1

Such entertaining things as fake Delicas listed as Para2s, and the usual suspects like the Rubicon and Mamba. I especially like the Euroedge listed as a Lil Sub Hilt Vallotton.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Looks like there's going be another bunch of disappointed people. Short auctions, completed before eBay can act.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Worst part is, I bet these people buying these knives don't know any better and figure THAT'S the quality knife they get with a "Spyderco"
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Yep. Sal and Gail told me about a former distributor in Europe that said their customers were complaining about the quality of Spyderco knives. When Sal asked to see these knives, the guy brought in a big box of fakes. After Sal visited a few of the retailers, that distributor was no longer a Spyderco distributor.

On the one hand, people who are trying to buy what should be a $200 knife for $30 probably deserve what they get. On the other hand, it does not reflect well on the genuine article.