Delica 4 Amazon Purchase

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Ranger927

Delica 4 Amazon Purchase

Post by Ranger927 »

First time poster from long time owner. I recently lost my old Delica 4 in a large wood pile and have not recovered it as of yet. It was purchased about 4 or 5 years ago from a reputable online vendor. I decided to try my luck on Amazon and purchased an Orange Delica 4 shipped by Amazon and sold by Glide Sourcing.

I am not as educated about all the variations of these knives like a lot of the members here and was interested in having a few questions answered. When was the maker's mark included on the blade for the Delica 4 and have the counterfeiters evolved to put this on their fake knives?

Was the Delica 4 always made in Japan as stated on the box? I can not remember my old Delica, Endura or Ladybug saying that on the box. I have included some pictures of the new knife.

Thank you in advance for the help and I apologize if this is duplicate post as I might have hit the wrong button.
Attachments
DSC_1444_DxO.jpg
DSC_1443_DxO.jpg
DSC_1442_DxO.jpg
DSC_1441_DxO.jpg
DSC_1440_DxO.jpg
DSC_1439_DxO.jpg
Michael Janich

Re: Delica 4 Amazon Purchase

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Ranger927:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Yes, Delicas have always been made in Japan. The designer's mark was added to the engraving a couple of years ago, but was phased in by model. Your knife appears to be 100% authentic.

Stay safe,

Mike
Takuan

Post by Takuan »

I concur with Mr. Janich: your knife looks legit. I like the orange handle. You definitely won’t be losing that in the woodpile. :smlling-eyes (I have the same handle color on my Spyderhawk, which I often use for yard work. You could spot it with the naked eye on the surface of the moon.)
"We cannot live better than in seeking to become better."
--Socrates
twvol

Post by twvol »

I just ordered this same knife from the same supplier arriving on Sunday. I had no idea there were fakes until I saw a post about it on a Facebook. I have been stressing about it for the past 2 days since this will be my first Spyderco knife.
Ranger000

Post by Ranger000 »

Glidesourcing.com is another retail reseller on Amazon. They sell anything and everything for anybody and everybody.

They are like Alibaba.com.

I prefer to buy from Knife distributors who deal in knives who are specialized.

You never know what you are getting from third and fourth party resellers online.