Amazon Delica 4 Purchase

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Ranger927

Amazon Delica 4 Purchase

Post by Ranger927 »

First time poster but long time owner. I recently lost my old Delica 4 in a massive woodpile and have yet to find it unfortunately, I had purchased the knife four or five years ago from a reputable online shop. I am rather uneducated when it comes to these knives but recently received a new Delica 4 I purchased from Amazon. The seller was listed as Glide Sourcing. I received the knife and there were just a few things I had questions on.

The maker's mark on the blade, is this something new on the Delica 4? My old knife did not have this marking. Was the Delica 4 always made in Japan? I don't remember the other Spyderco knives I have stating it on the box?

Is the counterfeit market putting maker's marks on the blades?

Just want to make sure I received a legitimate knife as my old Delica served my well till I lost it. Thank you for any insight.
Attachments
DSC_1444_DxO.jpg
DSC_1443_DxO.jpg
DSC_1442_DxO.jpg
DSC_1441_DxO.jpg
DSC_1440_DxO.jpg
DSC_1439_DxO.jpg
Mendozamike89

Re: Amazon Delica 4 Purchase

Post by Mendozamike89 »

It's Sal's signature s a l and yes they come from Japan seki city I believe. I have purchased several Spyderco knives on Amazon and gotten a few good deals as well and have been fortunate enough not to get any fakes
:bug-white-red Mendozamike89 :bug-red-white
51 spyderco knives in 20 different types of steels.

My Top 3 EDC
-1- Smock s30v with black RGT micarta and lynch clip. With Skipp 3/16"1/16"11 ball bearings.

-2- Sage 5 lw (bladehq exclusive) with black m4 steel rit dyed dark green & black lynch clip to match

-3- Shaman with cruwear dlc (knife joker exclusive) with gray micarta RGT scales and long gray lynch clip.
Airlsee

Re: Amazon Delica 4 Purchase

Post by Airlsee »

Ranger927 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:33 am
First time poster but long time owner...

I rarely weigh-in here...but your Delica is legitimate.
So it goes.