Fake check Shaman

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
desjaak

Fake check Shaman

Post by desjaak »

Wondering if any of you could have a look at these images and tell me if you think it's real or a fake, there are a couple point of concern for me but I'm not 100% sure. https://postimg.cc/gallery/BHxykk8

Thanks alot,
Alex
Jim Malone

Re: Fake check Shaman

Post by Jim Malone »

Looks legit to me. But the picture hosting website is really horrible with popups etc....
desjaak

Post by desjaak »

Thanks Jim,

I'm sorry about the popups, next time I will try direct linking them.

The things I spotted that seem off to me is the color of the label on the box. As far as I know yellow means combo or serrated edge. (Of course this could have been a mix up)
But it made me take a closer look, the font and text alignment on the blade seems off. Letters don't align nicely and thicknes doesn't look consistent.
I don't have a shaman to compare it to, but looking at pictures and my other spyderco's it doesn't seem right.

Thanks for having a look.
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

desjaak wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:04 pm
Wondering if any of you could have a look at these images and tell me if you think it's real or a fake, there are a couple point of concern for me but I'm not 100% sure. https://postimg.cc/gallery/BHxykk8

Thanks alot,
Alex

A few things look iffy to me. Need better pictures of markings on both sides of the blade. I don't have a Shaman to know for sure but like you say there's a few points of concern.
desjaak

Post by desjaak »

Thanks for having a look, unfortunately I don't have better images, but yeah the marking on the blade seem off to me, the letters don't seem to align and the thickness is not consistent. And then the yellow sticker on the box, as far as 8 know that means it should have a serrated edge
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

desjaak wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:31 am
Thanks for having a look, unfortunately I don't have better images, but yeah the marking on the blade seem off to me, the letters don't seem to align and the thickness is not consistent. And then the yellow sticker on the box, as far as 8 know that means it should have a serrated edge
Yeah it looks like the lettering on Spyderco goes from big to small but the image may be skewing it. I would look at this thread and maybe search google for other closeups to compare. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=85633&start=20
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

I noticed the label color and size/spacing/angle of text on both sides of the blade.
It is hard to tell from the photos but it just doesn't look quite right.
I think I'd pass and go find a reputable dealer.
404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

Is that a period after Golden?
"Some call me...Tim?"
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Just now seeing this, I also agree...something isn't right here.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

100% fake. I've heard the fake Shamans actually have bearings instead of bronze washers.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Yeah, the person counterfeiting them proposes them with all kinds of modifications.
What seems to be one of the only visible thing is the Spyderco writings. We can see that they are not lined up correctly (like the "Spyderco / CPM S30V"
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
rubix

Post by rubix »

Jimping looks wrong too. Should be much more triangular, not rounded out recesses.