Stretch 2 clone

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
S-3 ranch

Stretch 2 clone

Post by S-3 ranch »

Don’t know how to post a picture, but my uncle went gambling in Macau, and brought me back a stretch 2 as a gift, only problem is it has a axis lock and g10 scales., a weird thing is the steel
This thing might be M390(BÖHLER SPECIAL STEELS (SHANGHAI) CO., LTD.) , it has a eagle on the blade.
Came in a white generac box .
Last edited by S-3 ranch on Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“”Think of an edge as a living thing that comes and goes, born, get's old, is reborn.””
SAL :spyder:

“ The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men” :bug-white-red :bug-white-red
bgcameron

Re: Stretch 2 clone

Post by bgcameron »

I was able to upload a pic for the OP:

Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Looks like a clone. Ganzo did some in the past (present too maybe?) and I found the Ganzo G733-GR that looks an awful lot like this.

Here's a link to a dealer that has pictures of it : https://fr.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-a ... 81284.html

Doesn't seem to be sold as a genuine Spyderco, and shouldn't have written M390 on the blade (supposed to be 440C, not even sure). They also put a gigantic stamp "Ganzo" on that blade. Maybe a weird attempt to transform the Ganzo into a even more shady clone ?
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
S-3 ranch

Post by S-3 ranch »

Ramonade wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:18 pm
Looks like a clone. Ganzo did some in the past (present too maybe?) and I found the Ganzo G733-GR that looks an awful lot like this.

Here's a link to a dealer that has pictures of it : https://fr.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-a ... 81284.html

Doesn't seem to be sold as a genuine Spyderco, and shouldn't have written M390 on the blade (supposed to be 440C, not even sure). They also put a gigantic stamp "Ganzo" on that blade. Maybe a weird attempt to transform the Ganzo into a even more shady clone ?
I don’t know what’s going on with clones and good steel, I was at the livestock auction and
Gave a guy a Byrd meadowlark, he gave me a red delica clone and said “ your gonna love this knife it’s holds a edge forever “ says 440 but is very obvious something else like 440V
“”Think of an edge as a living thing that comes and goes, born, get's old, is reborn.””
SAL :spyder:

“ The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men” :bug-white-red :bug-white-red
araneae

Post by araneae »

No one making clones/fakes is dumping real m390 into their blades. They may be stamping it on the blade, but don't fool yourself into thinking they are using high end steel. If you're lucky it is well heat treated chinese D2 or 440C/9Cr18.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal