“Taiwan factory direct exclusive”?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Ez556

“Taiwan factory direct exclusive”?

Post by Ez556 »

I just came across some ebay listings for what appears to be a Rubicon with G10 scales and an S30V blade, and the seller claims it’s authentic “but I don’t think they were sold in the US”. The claim is that they are totally authentic, but were an “exclusive” purchased “factory direct” in Taiwan. As far as I know, there is not any factory outlet in Taiwan, the only outlet store being in Golden Colorado, is that correct?
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
Ramonade

Re: “Taiwan factory direct exclusive”?

Post by Ramonade »

Won't answer to that particular question but there is a good number of Rubicon fakes out there.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
bgcameron

Post by bgcameron »

Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

Yeah, that’s the one. It looks exactly like the dozens of fake G10 Rubicon’s out there, but who knows, there just may be a Taiwanese factory outlet store I wasn’t aware of… doubtful, but that’s why I’m asking.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
SSR3

Post by SSR3 »

Super fake. And lies. This seller has a bunch of Chinese made fakes for sale.
BeggarSo

Post by BeggarSo »

I do believe the cheap looks of that thing & the selling price says it all.

The wording the seller uses is up for interpretation as he did not specify a Spyderco Factory he said "Purchased these direct from the factory when I was stationed in Taiwan."

Who knows what " The Factory " actually is or was but I would consider him a liar and would not do business with him as he quite clearly is trying to make people believe he is selling a genuine Spyderco product.

Even the title is dishonest and misleading as to the model he gives the model in the description as Spyderco C187 Knife, CPM-S30V w/ G10 Handle and Titanium Liners ~~EXCLUSIVE~~

The only two model Numbers I see for this model of knife is here

https://www.spyderco.com/?s=C187

C187CF & CF2
:bug-red-white Those who are wise sharpen their steel to it's chemistry not their beliefs. "BeggarSo" :fortune-cookie