Spydiechef Purchased From Amazon

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
nyu727

Spydiechef Purchased From Amazon

Post by nyu727 »

Seems legit but I have never owned a Spyderco before and wanted to get a second opinion as Amazon can be iffy I have read.

I didn't get a photo of it but the box does have a proper looking barcode sticker as well
Attachments
1005211852a_HDR.jpg
1005211852_HDR.jpg
1005211851a_HDR.jpg
1005211851_HDR.jpg
Michael Janich

Re: Spydiechef Purchased From Amazon

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear nyu727:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

From what I can see, it looks authentic.

Stay safe,

Mike
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

It does look pretty good for authenticity. My only additional observation is that it has blacked out hardware but not clip. I don't think i've seen that combination.

I've only seen them with either all gray hardware and clip OR all black hardware and clip. What is the date code on the box?

I have two of the "CQI 1" models with ceramic detent balls but still with all gray hardware. (Sept 18 and Jan19 date codes).
nyu727

Post by nyu727 »

Enactive wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:00 am
It does look pretty good for authenticity. My only additional observation is that it has blacked out hardware but not clip. I don't think i've seen that combination.

I've only seen them with either all gray hardware and clip OR all black hardware and clip. What is the date code on the box?

I have two of the "CQI 1" models with ceramic detent balls but still with all gray hardware. (Sept 18 and Jan19 date codes).

My date code is uh...FU, which if I'm understanding correctly either means June of this year or someone at the factory was in a bad mood.
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

Enactive wrote:

I'm not an expert on the SpydieChef but the Spyderco website shows the same combination of hardware and clip.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C211TI/1004
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Senfkarte wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:44 am
Enactive wrote:

I'm not an expert on the SpydieChef but the Spyderco website shows the same combination of hardware and clip.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C211TI/1004
Oops, I guess my memory is slipping. Thanks for the clarification.