Ganzo copy/counterfeit

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Josh Crutchley

Ganzo copy/counterfeit

Post by Josh Crutchley »

I was on youtube and seen this in a video so I went looking for one to see what it was. I actually found one on ebay with the spyderhole blurred out. It looks like a Stretch with an Axis lock. I'm sure I'm just late to the party but it blows me away they can be so blatant with these copies.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174780005955?h ... SwNIBgq7mc
Attachments
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg (6.53 KiB) Viewed 13178 times
Josh1973

Re: Ganzo copy/counterfeit

Post by Josh1973 »

Ganzo = Garbage. Not to mention generic and cheap looking. They steal Spydercos designs and were very rude and arrogant to Sal and the Spydie crew at one of the blade shows.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Would you rather have one Spyderco or five or six of these things? I'd take one Spyderco every day of the week. I think we all would. I don't get why people buy collections of these. I just don't get it.
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

cabfrank wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:41 pm
Would you rather have one Spyderco or five or six of these things? I'd take one Spyderco every day of the week. I think we all would. I don't get why people buy collections of these. I just don't get it.
I agree but not everyone knows this. As a community we need to do our part to educate the masses to not give these companies money when they partake in these acts.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Yeah. Definitely not fair.
S-3 ranch

Post by S-3 ranch »

cabfrank wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:41 pm
Yeah they are exploiting on spyderco I.P , and spyderco is not filling a demand for a budget stretch model (they have a delica/ meadowlark ) , I would definitely buy a none 8cr13mov FRN Chinese spyderco Byrd stretch , ganzo saw a opening and drove to the hoop
Last edited by S-3 ranch on Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“”Think of an edge as a living thing that comes and goes, born, get's old, is reborn.””
SAL :spyder:

“ The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men” :bug-white-red :bug-white-red
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I say this all the time, but why not produce your own designs? It's a dead end conversation, usually.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

cabfrank wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:31 pm
I say this all the time, but why not produce your own designs? It's a dead end conversation, usually.
Obviously, because that's a lot more work.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Josh1973 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:03 pm
Ganzo = Garbage. Not to mention generic and cheap looking. They steal Spydercos designs and were very rude and arrogant to Sal and the Spydie crew at one of the blade shows.
You'd think Blade would ban them for that kind of bullshit.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Josh1973

Post by Josh1973 »

kennethsime wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:05 pm
Josh1973 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:03 pm
You'd think Blade would ban them for that kind of bullshit.
I know Right?
I got tired of blade show due to the negative toxic elitism over knives And especially allowing clone/design stealing shady companies work their shows. I quit blade shows around 2006-2007 as this was the time when I started getting bad vibes from the show. And I will probably never attend another one in my life. I got the internet to buy knives. And live within 40 miles of Knife Center. I don't need blade show.
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

manix style ?
Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

The only positive thing is the rip off artiest did not clone Spyderco, or Bug.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

No hole, and different lock as well. I've seen way worse offenders than that.
SpyderForLyfe

Post by SpyderForLyfe »

Makunochimaster wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:19 pm
manix style ?
Aside from being a folding knife in the same general shape, this has no similarities whatsoever to the Manix. I don't see this as being a counterfeit in the least.
sbogill

Post by sbogill »

Since when have knife companies NOT copied one another’s knife patterns? Every company has stockman, congress, trapper, etc patterns. What you do is just pick the brand you like best and roll with it. Here in these forums we would all hope people would go with spyderco but there it is. I don’t think there is anything about knife patterns that can be considered intellectual property—that is if you go off centuries of precedent (going all the way back to the barlow pattern or before). Just saying…