Does this look right to you?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
newbladeuser

Does this look right to you?

Post by newbladeuser »

Good day Spyderco forum people. I've kind of fallen in love with the tomahawk called the 'Warrior Hawk.' I'd love to purchase one. But I think I found a retailer distributing fake Warrior Hawks. I'm going to upload some links for you to view.

This Warrior Hawk is from a company in the US distributed through Amazon. Someone wrote a review and in it the G10 handle isn't flush with the piece itself, nor is the entire piece cloaked in TiCN coating. It almost looks like they 'ran out' of TiCN in the process of attempting to coat it. Further, someone actually tried to have the review taken down by reporting it as having "sensitive content." Very suspicious.

I do not plan on purchasing the blade through Amazon, I would rather purchase through Knifecenter.com. But I don't want to pay $400 for something that is NOT like the models shown on the Spyderco website or any of the videos on YouTube. I should think that the ENTIRE piece is cloaked in TiCN coating. Can someone please verify that the authentic models sold are in fact cloaked ENTIRELY in TiCN coating? Or is the model shown in the pics from the review the actual end product that is sold? I'm certain that the model shown in the pics from the review is a fake, but I'm not an expert. Please take a look, it's the first review at the bottom of the page.

https://www.amazon.ca/Spyderco-SCH03-BR ... B079YVXGH5
Michael Janich

Re: Does this look right to you?

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Newbladeuser:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Yes, the Warrior Hawk is completely coated in TiCN. If you purchase it from a respectable online dealer, you should have no problem receiving an authentic product. Expect to pay a street price of $336.00. If you see it advertised for less than that, it's cause for concern.

For the record, Laci Szabo designed the Warrior Hawk primarily for breaching and SWAT operations and close combat. It is not designed for general utility or camping use.

Stay safe,

Mike
newbladeuser

Post by newbladeuser »

Michael Janich wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:13 am
Dear Newbladeuser:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Yes, the Warrior Hawk is completely coated in TiCN. If you purchase it from a respectable online dealer, you should have no problem receiving an authentic product. Expect to pay a street price of $336.00. If you see it advertised for less than that, it's cause for concern.

For the record, Laci Szabo designed the Warrior Hawk primarily for breaching and SWAT operations and close combat. It is not designed for general utility or camping use.

Stay safe,

Mike
Hey thanks for the welcoming and reply.

So here's the thing, this Hawk is being marketed on Amazon for $414 (I'm Canadian so we pay a bit more) and it looks like this. Is it safe to assume that this is a fake product, even tho it's being sold for the MSRP? I've never before bought a Spyderco product, so I'm somewhat skeptical of the product demonstration in this video https://youtu.be/kFlBtg4sPEk and what was shown in the pictures on that review. I do not want my weapon to have splotches of silver/grey on it.
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-05-28 Spyderco WarriorHawk Hatchet - Black G-10 Handle and PlainEdge, Flat Grind, D2 Steel Blade - Includes[...](1).png
Screenshot_2021-05-28 Spyderco WarriorHawk Hatchet - Black G-10 Handle and PlainEdge, Flat Grind, D2 Steel Blade - Includes[...].png
bgcameron

Post by bgcameron »

Why not just order one through a legitimate Canadian retailer?
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Warriors and Wonders has them in stock.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)