Not sure what this is.

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Josh Crutchley

Not sure what this is.

Post by Josh Crutchley »

This person seems to be using Spyderco's name and a box to sell junk knives. Says you will get one of 2 Spydercos but never mentions model name of either. It looks like he already sold 8.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Knives-for-1 ... 0904.m5276
Accutron

Re: Not sure what this is.

Post by Accutron »

eBay has rules for grab bag listings, but it looks like the seller is following the rules...

"Listings that offer an opportunity to win an item by chance or contest are not allowed. This includes mystery items, giveaways, lotteries, sweepstakes, random drawings, raffles, and contests.

Listings that offer grab bags, "Box Breaks", or similar products must identify all the contents. Please note:

- It isn't necessary to specify the number, quality, or condition of each individual item in the contents

- Singling out any individual item with significant monetary or collectible value that “may” be included in the contents is not allowed"
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Seems they are violating this part: "- Singling out any individual item with significant monetary or collectible value that “may” be included in the contents is not allowed"
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

In the listing, the seller specifies exactly which buyers are getting the item of significant value, in compliance with the rules.

FIRST GRAB BAG ORDER GETS 1 OF 2 SPYDERCO KNIVES!!! (All others are FROST CUTLERY)

FIRST BUY 5 BONUS LOT GUARANTEED to include 10 DIFFERENT FOLDING KNIVES INCLUDING THE OTHER SPYDERCO!!
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

Accutron wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:07 am
In the listing, the seller specifies exactly which buyers are getting the item of significant value, in compliance with the rules.

FIRST GRAB BAG ORDER GETS 1 OF 2 SPYDERCO KNIVES!!! (All others are FROST CUTLERY)

FIRST BUY 5 BONUS LOT GUARANTEED to include 10 DIFFERENT FOLDING KNIVES INCLUDING THE OTHER SPYDERCO!!
Its a fake Spyderco how is that in compliance? Or am I wrong and this is a real Spyderco.
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-12-09-07-22-06_resize_66.jpg
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

That's not a fake Spyderco, just a mislabeled knife. He probably bought the whole lot at an estate sale and has no idea what he's selling. The knife was in a Spyderco box, therefore it's a Spyderco as far as he's concerned. Even if he does know what he's selling and is acting in bad faith, simply mislabeling an item is not a listing violation, and it's certainly not a violation of the grab bag rules. You might report him for IP infringement for using the word 'Spyderco' in his listing, but given that eBay won't pull legitimate counterfeit listings after receiving multiple reports, I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Oloung1

Post by Oloung1 »

Accutron wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:06 am
given that eBay won't pull legitimate counterfeit listings after receiving multiple reports, I wouldn't get my hopes up.
I'm not sure what is going on with that either. If I see a thread here, I've been following after you in reporting but seems like less than half were pulled down.