is this a fake Endura 4

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
AgustinGV

is this a fake Endura 4

Post by AgustinGV »

Just received this from a Seller on Amazon. Add says new and the product seems original, but box is beaten up and knife has and unknown (to me) marking on the blade.
Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_20201118-195636.png
Screenshot_20201118-195457.png
JRinFL

Re: is this a fake Endura 4

Post by JRinFL »

There are not enough pictures for anyone to be sure, but it looks legitimate from those posted above. The mark to the right of the hole is Sal's maker's mark. It is a stylized S A L.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
AgustinGV

Post by AgustinGV »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:26 pm
There are not enough pictures for anyone to be sure, but it looks legitimate from those posted above. The mark to the right of the hole is Sal's maker's mark. It is a stylized S A L.
Thank you! I was concerned because that Sal's mark wasn't showing on any internet picture and I didn't know it. Then I found the same mark hidden on the handle of an Native III that I have for more than 10 years.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

Sal's maker's mark on the Endura, Delica etc. are a relatively new addition. I haven't seen any confirmed counterfeits with the maker's mark yet.
AgustinGV

Post by AgustinGV »

Accutron wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:43 pm
Sal's maker's mark on the Endura, Delica etc. are a relatively new addition. I haven't seen any confirmed counterfeits with the maker's mark yet.
Good news, thank you!