Very convincing fake except for the box. USA made Delica 4 apparently lol

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Knifenutwill

Very convincing fake except for the box. USA made Delica 4 apparently lol

Post by Knifenutwill »

SpydernutWill89
Accutron

Re: Very convincing fake except for the box. USA made Delica 4 apparently lol

Post by Accutron »

Interesting. The FRN looks right (although the image quality is poor and I wouldn't swear by it), and it has Sal's maker's mark. I wonder if that's actually the knife that you get with the fake box.
Knifenutwill

Post by Knifenutwill »

That's what i was thinking because like you said Sals mati, the FRN looks legit not shallow or too rounded, and even the box looks legit except that it says the Delica was made here in the USA and we all know they are only made in Japan. I was thinking the knife in the pics might not be the one really for sale idk very weird. Someone bought it the auction ended about 20 mins ago. The made in USA is definitely a red flag though and as real as the knife looks i'm guessing the seller is sending a different one. I'm keeping an eye on the seller to see if he gets a negative feedback. Saldy i saw positive feedback for a para military 2 that said china on the blade tang so idk people don't know any better i guess
SpydernutWill89
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Maybe it is the picture but the FRN makeup does not look right. It looks like some other material. However, the rest of the knife, itself, looks very convincing. The box is obviously a fake.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:06 am
Maybe it is the picture but the FRN makeup does not look right. It looks like some other material. However, the rest of the knife, itself, looks very convincing. The box is obviously a fake.

Or, whoever was operating the label maker that day punched in the wrong CoO and nobody caught the error. Stranger things have happened. If it came from a reputable dealer, that would be my first thought, but the only way to know for sure whether that Delica is real or fake would be to send it to Golden for evaluation.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!