Wow this is funny. Look at this guys feedback. Selling fake knifes even Benchmades

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Knifenutwill

Wow this is funny. Look at this guys feedback. Selling fake knifes even Benchmades

Post by Knifenutwill »

I messaged them and got a response. Here's a screenshot. He's got more negative feedback in the time period displayed then there are days in the year lmao
SpydernutWill89
Accutron

Re: Wow this is funny. Look at this guys feedback. Selling fake knifes even Benchmades

Post by Accutron »

eCop is a legitimate vendor. Why do you think they're selling fakes? 98.9% feedback is completely acceptable for a seller with nearly 2 million feedback.
nerdlock

Re: Wow this is funny. Look at this guys feedback. Selling fake knifes even Benchmades

Post by nerdlock »

Why did you message them like that? A constructive message would have been more proper. I would have asked first if the item they are selling are legitimate knives rather than just directly messaging them in a juvenile manner like what you did, and its not even an item inquiry but a classless comment on their feedback.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Knifenutwill

Post by Knifenutwill »

I saw in their feedback people have bought fake Spydercos and Benchmades on there and the file photo kinda seemed off. Also a lot of people said they never received the item or refunded for no reason and no ship then they had to contact ecop and they got back to them 8 days later and said they were sold out. Honestly i never heard of them till now
SpydernutWill89
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I bought some knives from eCop without problems around five years ago (Spyderco, CRKT and KA-BAR) I don't know if they have gone bad since, but back then they were legit and good to go.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

eCop is a huge business with a huge inventory. Their negative feedback is in line with what you see from many huge retailers - people receiving order cancellations or incorrect items about 1% of the time, with sketchy customer service if something does go wrong. They have hundreds of transactions per day, so mistakes are going to happen.

As far as customers leaving feedback claiming to have received a counterfeit knife...people arbitrarily question the authenticity of genuine knives far more often than they mistakenly buy counterfeits. Unless you can see an actual photo of the item and disauthenticate it yourself, it's best to assume that the customer is simply wrong.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Accutron wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:04 am
eCop is a huge business with a huge inventory. Their negative feedback is in line with what you see from many huge retailers - people receiving order cancellations or incorrect items about 1% of the time, with sketchy customer service if something does go wrong. They have hundreds of transactions per day, so mistakes are going to happen.

As far as customers leaving feedback claiming to have received a counterfeit knife...people arbitrarily question the authenticity of genuine knives far more often than they mistakenly buy counterfeits. Unless you can see an actual photo of the item and disauthenticate it yourself, it's best to assume that the customer is simply wrong.

Exactly, and some of the more dishonest buyers will buy a knife they know is fake locally or on AliExpress, then buy a real one online, complain loudly that they got a fake, and return the fake to the online dealer that sold them the real one.

You do have to be careful, there are plenty of dishonest sellers out there, and plenty of counterfeit knives, but price and location are your best clues. If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is, and unless your buying a Chinese brand, any seller located in China is probably selling fakes.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

It is easy to hate the player and the game when it comes to counterfeit stuff. It is annoying, trying to leave shiny foot prints and someone else covers them with dirt. I have had $$$ tied up for months, plus the time on the phone with the credit card company and it is really hard to stay shiny when I secretly want to deliver them a bucket of poop. But, that is what one gets when playing the bargain hunting game. It was a different company, and I have never considered their side and complexities of inventory control.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
fixall

Post by fixall »

I've purchased from eCop several times with no issues. In fact, I just purchased an Exotac FireROD from them and got a solid deal on it a few weeks ago.

They may have 595 negative feedback over the last six months... But they also have 39,779 POSITIVE feedback over that same six months. For a legitimate company, that sounds about right to me.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Yeah, I've bought from ecop several times over the years. Each time they shipped the knife the next day and everything was as it should be and as described. I bought a Moki most recently. They have a pretty wide selection of knives.
I_like_knives

Post by I_like_knives »

I've bought several items, knives included, from eCop. I've always been satisfied. It has been some time now though since I ordered from them. Maybe something changed recently? New management?
Josh1973

Post by Josh1973 »

ECOP is awesome. Yes they got some negative feedback. But when you consider they have over 83,000 sales in the last year.
890 negative reviews are rather low. Not to mention some of those complaints out of those 890 are due to slow or lost mail due to the mess Covid created in the USPS earlier this year.

ECOP is legit and probably who I buy off of the most concerning cutlery. I do about 12 to 15 orders a year. And not once. Other than one late USPS delivery through no fault of their own. Have I ever had a single issue with ECOP. I love ECOP and their great service.

Lay off ECOP dude. I suggest taking some free online classes in economics, business, or at the very least. Statistics. To understand feedback scores and properly distinguish a bad seller from a good one. Instead of sending childish messages to a legit and highly respected seller. Making yourself look bad.