Fake Dragonfly 2 ?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
u.w.

Fake Dragonfly 2 ?

Post by u.w. »

I know the counterfeits, or fakes, out there can be really, really hard to tell apart from legit/real ones. What catches my eyes on this, are two things. 1) Knife is listed at "brand new", but there is no pocket clip. 2) The padding in the package/box (looks like some kind of cotton balls).

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Drago ... Sw2TJe85Sa

Anyone out there know? Fake? Likely fake? Legit?

u.w.
araneae

Re: Fake Dragonfly 2 ?

Post by araneae »

His other auction is fishy, says his PM2 came with green scales and he swapped them to camo. I'm not aware of a green s30v PM2 ever existing. The box indicates a black PM2, either way, I'd avoid this seller.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Looks real.
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

araneae wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:36 am
His other auction is fishy, says his PM2 came with green scales and he swapped them to camo. I'm not aware of a green s30v PM2 ever existing. The box indicates a black PM2, either way, I'd avoid this seller.
Agreed on the "fishy". I didn't even check to see if the seller had any other listings. The DF2 just seemed "a little off" or "fishy", because of the lack of clip and those cotton wad looking things being used as padding in the box - on a supposed BNIB DF2. Of the few DF2's I own, they didn't come with those cotton wadding looking things as package padding.
ABX2011 wrote:Looks real.
Yep - that's kinda the point though right? and why I posted it up.
There are some very real looking fakes out there. This one may be one of them. Seemed a little "off" to me, so I thought I'd post it up here and let those who are more experienced and/or knowledgeable than I am, have a look at it...

u.w.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

The knife is obviously not new but I think it's authentic.