Trying to find out how old this stainless harpy pe

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
DubC

Trying to find out how old this stainless harpy pe

Post by DubC »

I have a stainless steel harpy pe with a us patent 4347665 forien pats pend pocket clip, any ideas of the age of this harpy
TazKristi

Re: Trying to find out how old this stainless harpy pe

Post by TazKristi »

DubC wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:14 pm
I have a stainless steel harpy pe with a us patent 4347665 forien pats pend pocket clip, any ideas of the age of this harpy
Hi, DubC:
Welcome to our forum. It sounds like you have one of our early Harpy knives. You can find more information about them here, http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C08_Harpy.

I'm going to move your post into the General Discussion area (the area you posted in is for discussions about counterfeits).

We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
The Deacon

Re: Trying to find out how old this stainless harpy pe

Post by The Deacon »

Clip markings are not totally reliable. An older knife may have a newer replacement clip and a newer knife could conceivably have had its clip replaced by an older one. Blade markings, although they will only give you a date range, are more reliable.

If there is no steel marking beneath SPYDERCO on the blade, the knife was made between 1987, when the Harpy was first introduced, and 1992. If the blade is marked

SPYDERCO
G2 STAINLESS

then it was made between 1992 and 1994, which is the last year the PE Harpy was offered by Spyderco in the USA.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!