Fake Delica?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
u.w.

Fake Delica?

Post by u.w. »

On "the bay". Even the title seems "a little off". What says you?

Spyderco Delica 4 Assisted Flipper? Fake?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDERCO-Delic ... 4de3a88899
araneae

Re: Fake Delica?

Post by araneae »

Someone bought it
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

Did someone buy it, or did the seller just end/move it? I ask because right under the original "ended" listing is the EXACT same thing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDERCO-Delic ... 0012.m1985
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

The pics almost look like company shots that someone just did a little jiggery-pokery on, but what do I know? Nothing!
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
araneae

Post by araneae »

Look at the description, it is a bunch of nonsense, then look at his feedback and responses he leaves for negative feedback. Images look like stock pics. He is selling below MAP, which is not allowed for legit dealers. Radar not going off yet?

Does this look like an authorized dealer? Why would anyone buy from this guy? If a deal is too good to be true, it generally is. Most likely a fake, but like I said, why even consider buying from anyone this shady in the first place?
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

100% Agreed, lol.

I'm putting it up here, NOT because I'm considering buying it, but because I want to make aware. I'm 99% positive it's all garbage/counterfeit/fake - again - I agree with what you wrote.
I recently read where, I think it was TazKristi, posted about putting the links up to fakes/suspected fakes up in the thread. It was in a "liner lock PM2" thread that I'd posted in too. That's all I'm doing. Just putting the light on it. That is the purpose of the section of the forum, is it not?