is this delica 4 real hopefully

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Suzuki04

is this delica 4 real hopefully

Post by Suzuki04 »

got this delica think it's real but have some problems the logo on frn isn't as sharp as others I've seen, spyderco etching seems a bit close together. not very dented back lock, it's used hoping it's all legit. I appreciate any feedback
Attachments
20190722_233820_60.jpg
20190722_233850_60.jpg
20190722_233829_60.jpg
20190722_233909_60.jpg
20190722_233931_60.jpg
kreisler

Re: is this delica 4 real hopefully

Post by kreisler »

it's fake. 100%.
doesn't even pass the optical FRN test.
the FRN has to be sharp (edges, corners of the elements). on yours they are rounded.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Suzuki04,
Welcome to our forum. I'm sorry to confirm that your knife is a counterfeit. I can't give you details as to why, but it does not appear to be authentic.

kreisler,
Welcome to our forum. Unfortunately, FRN having "sharp" edges, etc. is not really a good indicator of authenticity. We have several models with rounded, smoother, edged FRN. Often it is nearly impossible for us to authenticate something from an image and more often than not, we ask that the item be sent in for evaluation. In this particular case, we were able to see one detail that was a red flag and enough to make a judgment.

We hope you both enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
kreisler

Post by kreisler »

@TazKristi Thanks for your welcome, i've been a contributing member on BF for years now and all my non-budget knives are Spydercos, i've got four original models. Small collection but reasonably so. Before that, i did get my hands filthy from AliExpress knives which sported the :spyder: logo and also cross checked with the many fake comparison videos on Youtube, so i know a thing or two about the topic. I agree that the FRN having "sharp" edges is not the best indicator (but in the case of Endura4 and Delica4 it can be the starting point) but apparently you guys don't really want to shout out loud the red flag detail for some reason. I guess for the op it's good enough to know the official confirmation from your part and move on from there. I have no problem with that. ;)