Help with a PM2

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
butwhy

Help with a PM2

Post by butwhy »

Good morning. Long time lurker, first time poster. I found what appears to be a used Spyderco PM2 at a local shop. I have another PM2 I purchased from BladeHQ and this one appears to be identical with the exception of the laser etching. The etching on the used one at the local shop is not square to the blade grind. Any input would be greatly appreciated as I would like to pick up another knife at a great price.
https://imgur.com/a/Nz0dmYw
JonLeBlanc

Re: Help with a PM2

Post by JonLeBlanc »

That pic isn't loading for me, but I have a PM2 and military with engravings that aren't quite square with the ricasso (if that's what you're talking about), and indeed the ricasso angle on the PM2 was CQI'd at one point, and I'm sure those two are legit. So if the one you're looking at passes all inspection otherwise, I'd say you're good.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
DOUBLE D

Re: Help with a PM2

Post by DOUBLE D »

At some point they changed the angle of the plunge grind/ricasso (i think it's called that), from what your showed, to a more square looking one. The angle of the grind, makes the print look not square on these older ones. It looks like my older version of a PM2. Not saying for sure it's real, but the angle of the print doesn't raise any flags to me