Stefan_Wolfs's Spyderco, Problem Logging In To Forum

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
jasonstone20

Stefan_Wolfs's Spyderco, Problem Logging In To Forum

Post by jasonstone20 »

The YouTuber Stefan_Wolf bought a Paramilitary, and when he recieved it there were some questions he had to see if it was a genuine Spyderco. He is in Eastern Europe. He posted this on the Towards 0.1 Mircon because he had trouble logging into the Spyderco forum. Here is a link to his issues with pictures:

http://www.cliffstamp.com/knives/forum/read.php?6,74082

Any help would be appreciated in determining if this is a real Spyderco. Thank you in advance.
"Gotta love living in 2019 baby, (63rc too soft on a production knife)"
--Shawn Houston

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage."
--Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing

"Cause geometry cuts, .....steel determines the level and the duration"
--Roman Landes

"Life is GOOD!"
--Stefan Wolf, May his memory be a blessing

--Ken Schwartz, May his memory be a blessing

"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser
funghiman

Re: Stefan_Wolfs's Spyderco, Problem Logging In To Forum

Post by funghiman »

All pictured parts looks authentic.
Judging from the wear on the blade and scales, as well as lube marks around standoffs, I would lean towards the opinion that its parts have been swapped around before turned into a user. I did the same myself to two Para 2s that I now have already sold.

I'd very much like to quote one of Nick Shabazz's Knife Gripe episodes: <https://knifenews.wpengine.com/knife-gr ... hard-sell/>
Of course I am aware this is a donation, and most likely no actual transaction is involved, but still it's among one's obligation to pass along as detailed, as accurate information as possible to the next owner.
:spyder: Para2 XHP  :spyder: Para2 S110V  :spyder: Para2 S35VN  :spyder: Para2 CF S90V
:spyder: Manix2 LW S110V  :spyder: Manix2 Exclusive  :spyder: Dodo Sprint
:spyder: UK Penknife Safety Orange  :spyder:UK Penknife Rescue Orange
:spyder: Perrin PPT  :spyder: Perrin PPT Sprint  :spyder: Positron  :spyder: Positron S35VN
:spyder: Slysz Bowie  :spyder: Ferid K2  :spyder: Sage5  :spyder: Sprig
:spyder: Junior  :spyder: R Nishijin  :spyder: Rock Lobster  :spyder: Urban Wharncliffe
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

jasonstone20 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:12 pm
The YouTuber Stefan_Wolf bought a Paramilitary, and when he recieved it there were some questions he had to see if it was a genuine Spyderco. He is in Eastern Europe. He posted this on the Towards 0.1 Mircon because he had trouble logging into the Spyderco forum. Here is a link to his issues with pictures:

http://www.cliffstamp.com/knives/forum/read.php?6,74082

Any help would be appreciated in determining if this is a real Spyderco. Thank you in advance.
I am no help concerning the PM2, but maybe the log in issue: If he already HAS an account on the forum and just can't log in anymore: Since the recent forum maintenance he will have to "clean his browser (of cookies)" (really don't know how to express that in English) and everything will work fine again.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
jasonstone20

Post by jasonstone20 »

Thank you both for the input!
"Gotta love living in 2019 baby, (63rc too soft on a production knife)"
--Shawn Houston

"I am still discussing issues of steels and performance at this stage."
--Cliff Stamp, May his memory be a blessing

"Cause geometry cuts, .....steel determines the level and the duration"
--Roman Landes

"Life is GOOD!"
--Stefan Wolf, May his memory be a blessing

--Ken Schwartz, May his memory be a blessing

"But in general, I'm all about high performance, Ergos, safety. That's why I've been accused of 'designing in the dark' "
--Sal Glesser