Fake Spyderco Police CO7P?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
JefferyDahmer93

Fake Spyderco Police CO7P?

Post by JefferyDahmer93 »

I recently aquired a pre-owned Spyderco Police in stainless steel at a local gun show, and I am now wondering if it is a fake. The knife is in good condition considering the fact that it was at the price point of $70.00 and had okay fit and finish (with a small gap in the spine and a little bit of side to side blade play). The knife can be easily flicked open with little or no wrist, and falls shut when the lockback is pressed. With all of these variables in play, I decided that it was a real spyderco and bought the knife. A few hours later, I was examining the knife and saw that the knife was labeled with “SEK-CITY JAPAN” instead of the proper “SEKI-CITY JAPAN”. So, has Spyderco ever abbreviated Seki city as Sek city, or have I been sold a fake made by people who can make okay knives but are unable to spell?
Attachments
8DA33DED-9AD4-4C3A-91AD-355845AAA159.jpeg
Have a swell day!
TazKristi

Re: Fake Spyderco Police CO7P?

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, JefferyDahmer93:
Welcome to our forum. Based on what I can see, it would appear that you purchased a counterfeit. It's difficult to be sure based on one image but if you'd like a definitive answer you're welcome to send it into our Warranty & Repair department for evaluation. You'll find more information about that here, https://www.spyderco.com/counterfeit-statement/.

We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
JefferyDahmer93

Re: Fake Spyderco Police CO7P?

Post by JefferyDahmer93 »

Thanks for the response. I am fairly sure that this knife is a fake, I just didn’t want it to be, you made me realize what this knife really is, so good on you for enforcing the truth.
Have a swell day!