Paramilitary 2 question

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
crowofthedead

Paramilitary 2 question

Post by crowofthedead »

I bought a Paramilitary 2 off of eBay from a reputable (seemingly) seller and received the knife today...it is new but it does not have a letter in box...it does have a warranty card and the wording all seems legit...after watching videos on fake para 2s on YouTube I became concerned due to my pocket clip having visible cut(rough) markings on the side...these 2 things have made me a little nervous...all other things seem to be legit. Thanks in advance for any help...
TazKristi

Re: Paramilitary 2 question

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, crowofthedead:
Welcome to our forum. Can you post pictures? It can be tough at times to evaluate online but pictures definitely help.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
crowofthedead

Post by crowofthedead »

Please let me know if you can't see the pictures or if there is something I did not take a picture of that would be helpful to see. Do the newer production knives not include the letter that I have received in the past? Thanks again...
crowofthedead

Post by crowofthedead »

I think I've solved my own dilemma...I bought a Paramilitary 2 in S35VN steel and with Brown G10 scales from BladeHQ...everything is identical except for 2 things...the "Edgeucation" letter was missing on the first camo scales Para I bought...also the clip is mounted in the reverse direction...after this comparison it leads me to believe that the Camo Para is legit...the missing letter and reverse clip could be the results of a possible return?!? Who knows but I feel better...service from BladeHQ was outstanding BTW...