PM2 fake check, please (Amazon Direct)

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
JFTX

PM2 fake check, please (Amazon Direct)

Post by JFTX »

I assumed things directly purchased from Amazon were authentic but some of these threads have me pretty spooked. I checked the videos and threads about spotting fakes and so far my knife doesn't smell like a fake to me, but for peace of mind I'd like if you fine ladies and gentlemen had a look. In future I'll buy from a trusted source, same day shipping isn't worth the uncertainty.

The only thing I've seen that looks off to me is that the "Paramilitary 2 Blk" on the label appears narrower than I've seen elsewhere.

Note: I swapped the clip to tip up, it was received tip down.

funghiman

Re: PM2 fake check, please (Amazon Direct)

Post by funghiman »

I see no signs indicating it to be a fake.
Lanyard tube, laser marking, edge of scale, lock tab, screws, clip all looks legit.
Amazon has excellent customer service for what you pay them, but yeah I would agree that cutlery purchases are quite risky there, unless with reputable 3rd party sellers.
:spyder: Para2 XHP  :spyder: Para2 S110V  :spyder: Para2 S35VN  :spyder: Para2 CF S90V
:spyder: Manix2 LW S110V  :spyder: Manix2 Exclusive  :spyder: Dodo Sprint
:spyder: UK Penknife Safety Orange  :spyder:UK Penknife Rescue Orange
:spyder: Perrin PPT  :spyder: Perrin PPT Sprint  :spyder: Positron  :spyder: Positron S35VN
:spyder: Slysz Bowie  :spyder: Ferid K2  :spyder: Sage5  :spyder: Sprig
:spyder: Junior  :spyder: R Nishijin  :spyder: Rock Lobster  :spyder: Urban Wharncliffe
JFTX

Post by JFTX »

funghiman wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:33 pm
Thanks for having a look, buddy. I was pretty sure it was good to go because it's easily the nicest knife I've ever owned. Time to start customizing. Thanks again.
swigert

Post by swigert »

Looks good to me but I’m no expert fake spotter. But I do own a handful of PM2’s. At this point I just avoid amazon.

Not worth it IMO.