Is my pm2 fake?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Shmueltz

Is my pm2 fake?

Post by Shmueltz »

Hi i just got my pm2 i ordered from ebay. They are saying it’s a genuine spyderco but its seems like a counterfeit for me.
What do you guys say and what i should do?

What do you guys think? Is it really fake like I suspect?
DBCOOPER

Re: Is my pm2 fake?

Post by DBCOOPER »

Imo not a fake
I came here to cut sh#$ with my knives and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Looks legit to me. Could you get a couple pics of the blade, both sides? If this is the S35VN steel as I suspect it is, I'll compare it with mine.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Shmueltz

Post by Shmueltz »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:33 pm
Looks legit to me. Could you get a couple pics of the blade, both sides? If this is the S35VN steel as I suspect it is, I'll compare it with mine.

What do you think about the lanyard hole? It doesn’t seem to be finished right(which i saw is indication for being a fake)

The icon of the spider also doesn’t seem right the little triangle in the “nose” of the spider seems little and wrong(also in indication for being a fake)
awa54

Post by awa54 »

It looks genuine from your pics so far, what makes you think it's fake and who was the seller?
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Shmueltz

Post by Shmueltz »

awa54 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:21 pm
It looks genuine from your pics so far, what makes you think it's fake and who was the seller?
The lanyard hole that isn’t finished right, the icon of the spider on the box with its tiny “nose” that looks like a counterfeit from some videos i watched, the blade didn’t arrive really sharp, didn’t check on paper but it won’t cut my hairs on the hand.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

It's checking all the boxes for me bud. Looks just like mine. Box also looks the same. Pretty sure you got what you paid for!

I've got 11 Spyderco knives, I've had 2 out of the box that I "needed" to touch up a bit when I got them to be hair shaving sharp. I'm also a bit of an edge junkie and like all my edges to pop hair at all times :p Maybe yours need just a little love to get to that level of sharpness.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Shmueltz wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:24 pm
awa54 wrote:
The lanyard hole that isn’t finished right, the icon of the spider on the box with its tiny “nose” that looks like a counterfeit from some videos i watched, the blade didn’t arrive really sharp, didn’t check on paper but it won’t cut my hairs on the hand.

I have a number of PM2s and the lanyard holes range from having a perfectly chamfered inside radius to squared and a bit rough just like yours, all of mine are from authorized dealers, no eBay, no Amazon. The bug on your clip also looks identical to mine. The thing that most convinces me yours is legit is the pic of the lock release area, all of the details in that area are an exact match with a genuine PM2.

That's a great knife, sharpen it and enjoy!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Shmueltz

Post by Shmueltz »

awa54 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:03 am
Shmueltz wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:24 pm
awa54 wrote:

Thanks really glad to hear that, now only have to hear what spyderco is thinking i should get my answer after the 2nd in January. But you really made me feel alot more relaxed about it

I have a number of PM2s and the lanyard holes range from having a perfectly chamfered inside radius to squared and a bit rough just like yours, all of mine are from authorized dealers, no eBay, no Amazon. The bug on your clip also looks identical to mine. The thing that most convinces me yours is legit is the pic of the lock release area, all of the details in that area are an exact match with a genuine PM2.

That's a great knife, sharpen it and enjoy!