Fake Spyderco Knife in You Tube Video Ad!

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
SpyderEdgeForever

Fake Spyderco Knife in You Tube Video Ad!

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Everyone, tell me if I am seeing things or is the image in the video shown below a fake Spyderco knife, ie, it looks to me like a cheap folder that has had the name Spyderco etched into the blade. It does not even have a one hand opening hole but has a thumb stud instead.

I found this video after browsing for self healing material videos. The video is about a phone case that is allegedly self healing. And I skimmed down and what do I see but that picture screen shot of the knife that says "Spyderco":

https://youtu.be/Z-W66HINFLg

I saved the picture and here it is:
FakeSpydercoKnife.jpg
FakeSpydercoKnife.jpg (9.63 KiB) Viewed 4074 times
Am I correct in that appears to be a folder that someone has etched the name Spyderco onto the blade? What a low-down thing to do!

The actual test he does scratching the phone case with the folder is at the 3.0 plus mark.
500Nitro

Re: Fake Spyderco Knife in You Tube Video Ad!

Post by 500Nitro »

mmmm, interesting, and low.

On the subject of the phone, the lengths people go to to sell phones.
A solution looking for a problem !
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Yep, definitely a fake. As I recall, there were at least a couple threads about it posted here five years ago, when that video first hit YouTube.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Haha nailed the look and everything there!
One of the girls at work has a knife that looks the same as that with a bit of chain incorporated into the handle that came with benchmade stamped on it
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

reminds me of that "rare Spyderco prototype" from that "old Spyderco dealer" that was on eBay for crazy prices, and the fun we had here afterwards earlier this month :D