Two of my PM2 knifes, both legit or is one fake?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
ls13coco

Two of my PM2 knifes, both legit or is one fake?

Post by ls13coco »

Hi all, I recently got a couple PM2's as you can see.
I've noticed originally that the opening action on one is not as nice as the other, while the blade centering while closed is a bit off as well.
The lines near the spyderhole are also different and a few other things such as the words are printed differently.
What do you think?
Both were from Amazon.ca, one being shipped and sold by amazon.ca while one being from a seemingly reputable seller under Amazon.ca
The knife with the best action and centering is the one by the other seller, and is the one in the default tip-down pocket clip position.

dreadpirate

Re: Two of my PM2 knifes, both legit or is one fake?

Post by dreadpirate »

Nothing jumps out to me; what makes you think one is fake?
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

I know this was posted back on March 11, but did you find out if one or both PM 2’s are authentic?

There are obvious clear differences between the two knives even just looking at the pictures. Honestly, if you don’t know which one is authentic and which one is counterfeit, in my opinion, I would return both to Amazon and order from a place where there will be no question at all. CutleryShoppe will match the price of Amazon and they’re free shipping is super fast. And best of all, you’ll know each knife you’ve purchased is authentic.
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
Aman

Post by Aman »

Hi brother,
I'm happy to read your message on this forum and I realised that I was not the only person worried about whether or not my pm2 is authentic or fake Chinese crapshoot. Lol, now u would be surprised to hear that I just bought my pm2 yesterday and it delivered today I was looking at videos on YouTube to check its authenticity, I then came across your Message here on this forum and thanks to u I can be happy since I compared one of my pm2's to yours and one matches correctly with yours. Just for a reference watch this video and you may be able to surely recognize the difference between a fake and real pm2.

https://youtu.be/lrgesqFA_Ko

Copy paste it!

Before that read the whole message and my personal perspective. I bought my from Amazon. Ca as well and my is authentic here's why!

My pm2 came in a legit box based in the YouTube video I watched, came with paperwork, and also with a smooth action and clean details.

Look at you amazon bought knife, it has jimping on the back of the blade and spyde hole, the jimping there is angled towards your hand/thumb and is a little more fine compared to the 3 party seller below in the pic.

So in my perspective I'm sorry to tell you that the second one In the bottom is a fake!
Desert Storm

Post by Desert Storm »

If you look at the back of the blade the real one ends by curving up to your hand as well.