FRN Delica 4 vs new frn Chapperal

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
bryan123

FRN Delica 4 vs new frn Chapperal

Post by bryan123 »

Hi, now that the Chapperal is available in frn and that Delica prices have increased, which would be the better EDC option for light to medium duty ?

Thanks
Bryan
High speed low drag tactical operator immunologist philanthropist & bicyclist
Dragonfly 2 VG-10, Roadie, Bug, ZT 0450, Three Rivers LTC Nomad, Cold Steel Tuff Lite, RAT 1 AUS-8, SAK Super Tinker, Cadet, Rover, Classic SD, Opinel 0008 & 6 Tactical Weapon System, LM Original PST, Micra, 1967 Camillus Cub Scout restored by Rock USA Cutlery, Buck 380, Nick Shabazz autographed Z-Hunter, Snake Eyes Tactical Gas Station Knife
TomAiello

Re: FRN Delica 4 vs new frn Chapperal

Post by TomAiello »

I prefer the Chap to the Delica every time. I like the choil (it's a big factor for me) and I prefer the XHP to the standard VG-10. If you do get a Delica, consider going with the ZDP version.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

I don't know if thi is the right subforum to ask that (Counterfeits and Copies subforum) but in answer to that, I agree, the XHP and choil are big pluses for most knife users,
but the Delica comes at a lower price point and is possibly Spyderco's most iconic and flagship entry knife

Can't go wrong with any of those, being Spydercos!
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

FRN Chaparral over the Delica, all day long.
Redgordy

Post by Redgordy »

I have both and carry the Chaparral more for general edc, it’s got a smaller footprint, deep carry and the finger choil.
Love my delica 4 Zome though.
Can’t go wrong with both.