Fake Blurple Manix 2?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
JackM

Fake Blurple Manix 2?

Post by JackM »

This is my first post on the forum. I recently bought a Manix 2 in blurple G10 / S110V. I bought it from a local sporting good store to avoid counterfeits but noticed that the G10 around the screw holes is slightly white (doesn't show up that well in the pictures). I heard when researching the PM2 that this can be a sign of a fake. Other than that the knife seems great and has excellent fit and finish. The lockup has absolutely no play, the jumping is angled backward as it should be, and the liners are skeletonized as the blurple version's should be. It was a display model so the G10 already feels a little smoothed out but it was the only one the store had in stock and I got a discount on it. In order to determine for sure that it wasn't a counterfeit I decided to test the edge retention. With the factory shaving sharp edge I cut up a medium sized cardboard box into very small pieces. It cut great. Must have performed 100 or more cuts. At the end of the cutting the knife could still slice paper with ease but could no longer shave hair off of my arm. This seems like better performance than cheep Chinese steel would have but doesn't quite seem to live up to what I expected of S110V.

I'm probably being overly paranoid but I figured I'd ask y'all if the edge performance sounds like S110V to y'all and I figured I'd post a few pics for you to look at to see if it looks fake at all. I doubt its fake since its a Manix 2 (which doesn't seem to be faked as often as the PM2), it is the blurple version with skeletonized liners, and I bought it from a (presumably) reputable sporting good store and not the internet. Not sure what else I could do to avoid getting a fake. Just want to make absolutely sure though.

Here are the pics:

This pic is to show that it has a properly constructed ball bearing lock:
Midnightrider

Re: Fake Blurple Manix 2?

Post by Midnightrider »

I can't see the pics, is it just me?
Millies in S110V, CTS-204p, REX 45, PM2/S110v, Native 5/Maxamet, P4/K390, Pacific Salt SE/H1, UK PK
Wants/Wishes (only NIB and EU): Militarys in 52100, Maxamet, Cru-Wear, Manix 2/Maxamet
Yes, Virginia, that's a Purple Haze in my suit pocket :)
ScottieG59

Post by ScottieG59 »

People mess up the picture posting all the time. This user seems to have exceeded the free account limits and photobucket wants money for the higher usage. The user only needs to cough up $399.99 a year and the pictures will show.
JackM

Post by JackM »

Hey sorry guys, ScottieG59 is probably right. Do y'all know another way I can get the pictures to show without paying a bunch of money? Maybe another web service I can use to host them?
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Correct me if I'm wrong but there isn't a fake Manix 2.....yet.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/