Fake Delica 4 Yes or No

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
apoe5518

Fake Delica 4 Yes or No

Post by apoe5518 »

So like many im leary i got duped, bought from Botach on their ebay store. I looked over the knife once arrived and the marking of VG-10 is bothering me as the G is not well define and looks like a B. On top of that the box came with no letter just a knife within and a clear/blue piece of protective plastic over the hand of the knife i had to peel off. Pics are attached. Is this thing real or a good counterfeit?
Optimized_IMG_1017__1460319961_23018.jpg
Optimized_IMG_1015__1460319840_60506.jpg
Optimized_IMG_1014__1460319827_62155.jpg
Optimized_IMG_1012__1460319793_37619.jpg
Optimized_IMG_1011__1460319767_78352.jpg
jabba359

Re: Fake Delica 4 Yes or No

Post by jabba359 »

Looks good to me. Some of the "G"s on my knives are a little less clear. At the time your knife was manufactured (Feb 2006), this maker used die-stamps rather than laser or chemical engraving on the tang. As the die got used and worn, you'd see the lettering get a bit uglier, so there was certainly some variance in the crispness and legibility of the letters. Most of my recent Seki-City knives are laser engraved or etched, so the lettering is crisper and more consistent. But I don't see anything glaringly wrong here.

A lot of Spyderco's don't come with paperwork, so it's not surprising this doesn't have any. As for the clear protective plastic, that's normal for Spyderco's stainless steel handle knives.

Botach's higher pricing and customer feedback would lead me to believe that they're only selling authentic Spyderco's, as typically fakes sell for a lot less and someone with that sort of sales volume and positive feedback wouldn't be selling fakes. Not that someone couldn't buy a real one from Botach and then return it, but with a fake inside, only to be unwittingly resold to you. But like I said, I don't see anything that stands out to me as fake.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you stick around to enjoy the knife hobby and the many fine people here.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
apoe5518

Post by apoe5518 »

Thank you so much for the answer. Yes i will be sticking around i used to collect knives back when i was younger and absolutely fell in love with my dads delica, ended up borrowing it for over five to eight years so it was time to get my own. already eyeing a few others from spyderco i like,
xxbioxx

Post by xxbioxx »

Hello! How can i upload a pictures on ipad? I've got a same question. Thanx
Kris
xxbioxx

Post by xxbioxx »

This box is real or fake?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg