Fake Spin

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Jim Malone

Fake Spin

Post by Jim Malone »

I just seem to have bought a fake spin on ebay! Due to the low price i looked more closely after i bought it, and it looks fake. I asked the seller not to ship me the knife and give me a refund. I hope he will or i am obliged to send it back and get a refund by PayPal.
I should have known that it is not a real spin due to the price. I later found a vid on YouTube that shows this knife as a fake.

http://www.ebay.es/itm/NAVAJA-SPYDERCO- ... AQ:ES:1123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://youtu.be/-o6TNaN-nOo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First time this happens to me. :mad:
aesmith

Re: Fake Spin

Post by aesmith »

If it's really a fake you're better letting the sale go ahead, then make the claim. Check it applies on ebay.es but I believe their rules on fakes are that it must be refunded by the seller and destroyed by the purchaser. If the sale's cancelled, he'll just sell to someone else. Can you change your shipping address to "Jim c/o Spyderco, Golden, Colarado"? OK that's not a serious suggestion by the way.
---------
Tony S
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Check with ebay.es but I believe Ebay in general refunds fakes without need to return them. Instead the purchaser should destroy the fake. If that's the case you're better to let the sale go ahead, if you cancel it he'll just sell to someone else.
---------
Tony S
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

The auction was pulled by Ebay and the seller is no longer a registered seller on Ebay. Looks like Ebay finally did their job.