Is this Police Fake or Just a little sloppy?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
les_garten

Is this Police Fake or Just a little sloppy?

Post by les_garten »

I just got a Police 3 from United Outdoors who runs an Ebay business.

Here is a video I just made showing my concerns.

[video=youtube;VU8C7g3AYfU]https://youtu.be/VU8C7g3 ... e=youtu.be[/video]

What do you guys think?

1) Is it genuine?

2) Should I return it and get another one.
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Looks legit to me, of course I'm no expert on knock offs. I used to own that model. Looks like the bug logo is laser engraved in the classic Seki line style. The ripples on the blade are common from seki, at least for me. The g10 looks legit too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
les_garten

Post by les_garten »

Gunslinger wrote:Looks legit to me, of course I'm no expert on knock offs. I used to own that model. Looks like the bug logo is laser engraved in the classic Seki line style. The ripples on the blade are common from seki, at least for me. The g10 looks legit too.
I've looked at it some more today.

The Chinese can't make G-10 quite that crisp it seems. The jimping on the blade is at an angle, like they were cut in relation to you thumb and how it would slide. The Chinese just file them in perpendicular to the surface it seems. This is hard to explain.

The box was just a screwup apparently. But the embossing on the other boxes and lack of embossing on the Police box had me spooked after seeing the blade.

Thanx for the reply!