Latest Fake Paramilitary 2,closer and closer [censored]

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Uitd

Latest Fake Paramilitary 2,closer and closer [censored]

Post by Uitd »

1. Wrong "even" radius
2. Wrong clip orientation
3. Bad,not clean drilling
grab your Para and compare with photos.. :mad:

1. Wrong blade milling
2. Sharp angles ( not on Gen Para )
3. Wrong distance from clip to edge

Wrong milling again..
Plus: not contrast etching on blade, different G10.
Disclaimer : I do not have Chinederco in my hand and can not check construction quality or steel type. Also,i can be absolutely wrong , i am not an expert, just the owner of Spyderco Paramilitary 2(hope the real one :) )

Question: How long it will take to correct this minor differences ? :confused:
Best regards.Walter.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I would pursue these fakers vigorously. Have the logos, even box and papers.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

The clip just looks 'wrong.'
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

Pockets wrote:The clip just looks 'wrong.'
The top of that clip is wider so the screws are too far apart. Just like the fake Spin's, there is a bigger gap between the screw heads.
C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.
Sharktooth

Post by Sharktooth »

Definitely looks too sharp on the scales where my pinky finger likes to rest
:spyder:
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

Take the clip off and it and the pics would have fooled me... and I own three Para2s from reputable dealers (Two from BladeHQ and one from Howes.)

I don't think I would ever buy a Military or Paramilitary from Ebay at this point. The fakes are getting too good.
DJFrostbyte

Post by DJFrostbyte »

These fakes are wigging me out. I bought my paramilitary from BladeHQ and after looking at those pics I'm driving myself crazy thinking its a fake.
Endura 4 FFG - Delica 4 FFG - Sage 3 - Dragonfly Salt - Forum Native - Manix 2 LW - Manix 2 G10 - Tenacious - Persistence - Ambitious - Byrd Meadowlark G10 - Cat - C13 Pro Grip - Delica C11PBK - Atlantic Salt - Navigator - Para 2 Camo - Delica C11PBLE - White Endura Sprint - Mule MT05P - Delica 4 FFG - Salsa - Native 5 Ti - UKPK - Sage 1 - Dragonfly G10
chooney

Post by chooney »

Another way to tell this current generation of fakes is that the liners (and hence locking mechanism) are noticeably thinner.

Sadly I fear they will simply fix these inaccuracies in time, the level of machinery available to these fakers is clearly very high. Buying a PM2 on the used market is going to become a nightmare in future years.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

chooney wrote:Another way to tell this current generation of fakes is that the liners (and hence locking mechanism) are noticeably thinner.

Sadly I fear they will simply fix these inaccuracies in time, the level of machinery available to these fakers is clearly very high. Buying a PM2 on the used market is going to become a nightmare in future years.

SHHH! They'll hear you! :D
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

DJFrostbyte wrote:These fakes are wigging me out. I bought my paramilitary from BladeHQ and after looking at those pics I'm driving myself crazy thinking its a fake.
Legitimate dealers do not sell fakes, and BladeHQ is a legitimate Spyderco dealer. If you avoid eBay (or only deal with eBay sellers you are certain are trustworthy) and only deal with reputable US based online dealers, you should be perfectly safe. That's not to say there are no legitimate Spyderco dealers outside the US, only that there's almost never any logical reason for a US customer to buy from them as both prices and shipping costs are almost always going to be higher, and selection more limited.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

You can order one for $24 shipped. Part of me wants to get one to take a look at it, but a much larger part of me does not want to support the counterfeiters.
endgame

Post by endgame »

Sal should hire them all to get all the backirders filled that's the only way I can thinknof stopping them.never ever buy from aliexpress.
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

[deleted]
Last edited by MachSchnell on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RevDevil

Post by RevDevil »

Unfortunately, these look much more authentic than any orevious attempts. I sure hope people don't get caught up in the emotional aspect of making a purchase, and think things through before buying these.
mattman

Post by mattman »

I wonder if the counterfeiters monitor these threads, to improve their next batch??
Freman

Post by Freman »

mattman wrote:I wonder if the counterfeiters monitor these threads, to improve their next batch??
If I were doing that, I would.

But then, if I were intending to copy an existing design I'd probably go for the Buck 110, probably with a tri-ad lock (which I'd pay CS for). Nobody cares about those, and there could be a market for a folding hunter with a 5.5" blade. :D
ginsuwarrior

Post by ginsuwarrior »

There are some in stock on Amazon right now, are these legit?
Freman

Post by Freman »

ginsuwarrior wrote:There are some in stock on Amazon right now, are these legit?
Depends on who's selling them. If they're someone who carries a lot of stock including FRN Spydercos (I don't think anyone copies the FRN) then they're most likely legitimate. If they only stock Chinese made knives (and no disrespect to Chinese made knives, as long as they're legit) including some of the known copies then I wouldn't buy from them.

For example, this guy would be legit. He does have horrendous postage to New Zealand though. $46? I've bought entire knives for less than that.

Sorry, I read Amazon and thought eBay. It should be pretty safe on Amazon.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

mattman wrote:I wonder if the counterfeiters monitor these threads, to improve their next batch??
One thing I think could help is if Sal decided to use a logo in 3d like the Taichung models.
It would be much harder to copy , but where there is a multi million dollar profit to be made making these they may find a way.
Even if they weren't following this thread if they were selling lots buying a model they wanted to fake would give them all the info needed .
Its something that could be tackled at a cost here we don't really come across fakes often .
As we can't buy via Amazon or ebay and as such only use reputable dealers .
endgame

Post by endgame »

Ebay is not as bad as people say it us anymore it aliexpress that's the badsight.I have only seen the fake pm2 there.