Be careful at Michigan Gun & Knife Shows

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
DemskeetSkeet

Be careful at Michigan Gun & Knife Shows

Post by DemskeetSkeet »

Just wanted to warn those of you who go to Michigan Gun and knife shows.

www. migunshows .com

That lists the show dates up above.

I have never seen so many fake spyderco's in my life!

This dealer at the show had fake Byrd knives that came in a plain white box, no labels except for China on the blade. He told me that they were one of a kinds(one small and one large) that Spyderco had made in the U.S. but stamped them China because that's where the production model was going to be made but they never went into production.

Another one from the same dealer:
Said Spyderco Native right on the FRN around a Spyderco logo, Spyderco on the blade near the the pivot, a really cheap and thin wire clip and a fake/crappy damascus. He had it listed for $255. He told me that real damascus is smooth to the touch(I don't know if that is true or not as I don't have interest in Damascus knives. Also said their were about 50 different layers of steel in this Native.

This dealer had brand new Spyderco's but a lot were over Spyderco's suggested retail pricing but insisted on them being below MSRP. He also had a few Benchmades(Mostly Bali-songs). Models 51, 32, and 53 for well over Benchmades pricing.

Some more fakes: This dealer didn't have any other Spyderco's except for an all black Poliwog's with some sort of white box and a decorative design on the knife itself. He insisted that it was made by Spyderco(he also had for sale those cheap "Super knife's"

I don't know if anyone on the forum is from Michigan but be extra careful at the shows listed in the website I listed above.

I'm seeing more and more fakes at these shows, please be extra careful out their guys.

Take care
-Matt
DemskeetSkeet

Post by DemskeetSkeet »

This is the Native he had for $255

Edit:
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/42 ... alers.html

Their is the link, lol.

Completely forgot to paste the link last night.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

DemskeetSkeet wrote:This is the Native he had for $255
where?
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

SmoothOne25 wrote:where?
It was probably one of these:

http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab32 ... ife/A3.jpg
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

That's just absurd! :mad:
Too bad educating those people has absolutely no effect what so ever. Even if they realized that they were fakes and the real ones were over priced, they wouldn't admit it. They either know it already and sell them anyway like the ***** they are, or realize you might be right but don't want to admit it as it would be ego-shattering! :eek:
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Very sad - sounds like he had bought a job-lot of the commonest, cheapo Chinese fakes ... someone should have called the police, IMO.
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
DemskeetSkeet

Post by DemskeetSkeet »

ChrisR wrote:Very sad - sounds like he had bought a job-lot of the commonest, cheapo Chinese fakes ... someone should have called the police, IMO.
I agree, but he did have about 8-10 different models of Spyderco's that were legit.

He wanted my EDCF Manix 2, I should have charged him what he would sell it for: $500

; )
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Agreed ;) ... but that sounds even more suspicious to me because if he is selling legit Spydercos then he understands the difference between fakes and the real thing and it looks like he is trying to legitimize his fakes by selling them amongst the real knives :(
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)