Why hasn't Spyderco registered with eBay's VeRO Program?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
robroy

Re: Why hasn't Spyderco registered with eBay's VeRO Program?

Post by robroy »

There’s many companies that are getting cloned by overseas companies were laws are not reinforced.
Electronic cigarette companies now use scratch off codes for verification and it actually works very good.
Let’s say you buy a kangertech device sealed in plastic.On box under plastic there’s a scratch off that reveals a 6-12 digit or letter code.You go to thier website enter code and if codes never been used ,you got an authentic item.
If 7 random digits are used then odds it’s not a clone are 1 in a million.If code is repeated its probably a clone.
I buy many authentic items this way and it’s a very satisfying feeling when it says number has never been used so it’s authentic.
500Nitro

Re:

Post by 500Nitro »

TazKristi wrote:Spyderco is registered with the VeRO program. Two separate registrations in fact. We work very closely with EBay and have had success with having certain auctions removed. However, please keep in mind, there are many things going on behind our doors that we cannot discuss here. Ultimately, having "Bob's" auction taken down is not always in our best interest. Does it cause an issue for "Bob"? Of course, but it may not have any affect on the bigger picture.

Our biggest resource though in this constant battle is you. The links that ya'll post here are key to our ability to address this issue. Not just on EBay, but on the internet as a whole. As I said when I started this sub-section, we would never be able to duplicate the number of eyes on this problem in-house compared to all of you. You are highly educated on the topic of Spyderco and byrd. You are interested and motivated and you genuinely care.

So, please keep doing what you're doing. Post links when you find questionable items. It may not seem like it, but I promise, we are looking and we are following up with each and every post.

Spyderco takes great pride in what we do. 33 years of hard work, our commitment to quality high-performance products and always striving to do business in a fair and proper manner is not something were willing to sit back and watch get diluted or worse.

We sincerely thank you, each of you, for looking out for us. It does not go unnoticed and it is always appreciated.

Kristi
Kristi

New to forum but owner of a Spyderco for 30+ years (still going strong !). I must have purchased it only a couple of years after Spyderco started (without realising it).

Just recently been looking for more and on ebay Australia seem to be a huge number of fake Spyderco's being offered from China,
logo and all!

Will try to post links in the next 7 days.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Now that the Chinese selling cheap FAKE Spyderco knives have become less, someone on eBay AUS has started selling fakes at high prices with a listing using the words 'Spyderco OEM'.

It's a never ending battle!

I did report the listing(s) but don't think it will do much good.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
SpyderFreak69

Post by SpyderFreak69 »

500Nitro wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:10 am
Now that the Chinese selling cheap FAKE Spyderco knives have become less, someone on eBay AUS has started selling fakes at high prices with a listing using the words 'Spyderco OEM'.

It's a never ending battle!

I did report the listing(s) but don't think it will do much good.
It’s not less, you just have to know the Chinese websites that sell them, have a contact to buy them and ship them. They are still prevalent. Trust me.

http://www.yjdj008.com/?lang=zh-cn&mode ... &search=蜘蛛
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

Problem with eBay is they are IMHO more concerned with money from sales then stopping seller from selling Clones, Knockoff, and Counterfeits.

I use to report Xiker Cigar Cutters that were fakes, for a short time they would remove listing.

Then it would reappear by new seller, who was old seller with new aka user name,

What often looks like deal is not because it is Copy, Fake, or Counterfit.

Tells are goofy prices, or too low to be true.
WyoJon

Post by WyoJon »

Saw this one on ebay last night. Seller might be legit, but the phot shopped image looks sketchy at best.
Screenshot_20230122-172442_eBay.jpg
TINCUP59

Post by TINCUP59 »

Love this!!!!!! Thanks to Kristi, Sal and everything Spyderco represents IMHO!! This is why i will always give all my Knife money to them, Period. i only own CO USA made knives for a reason.

the only knife i have purchased off ebay was a kifejoy lil native 20sv, only because i could not find it anywhere else i thought. After i just lost it, the next day i see on the kifejoy site they have it on sale and in stock! score..

I will post the boxes of both knives for you too look at, i feel the first knife of ebay felt really nice was really convinced it was real, But after receiving my new lil native im wondering... the ebay one was supposed to be new but its possible it was more used then the seller let on. But the new on from knifejoy seams really nice, Perfect centering and when i spydie flip it the lockup has a different noise and feel, could be me.

So the knife box on the Left is the New one strait from knifejoy, the box on the right is the first one i purchased on ebay

Thanks
Attachments
P1160918.JPG
P1160920.JPG