BudK Spyderco knock off

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
kgriggs8

BudK Spyderco knock off

Post by kgriggs8 »

Check out this one:
http://budk.com/Knives/Timber-Wolf-Zenix-Folding-Knife

I am not sure what model it is trying to copy, maybe the Calypso 3? It actually looks nice in the pic.

Little story about a fake Spyderco I once had. I had a fake Delica that I bought at a gunshow for like $8.00. It looked and felt good and I decided to use it as my work knife. I had to cut a piece of drywall out so I tried to score the paper covering of the drywall with my "trusty" Spyderco knock off. I did not put much pressure on the knife, only enough to cut through that layer of paper, I was not trying to cut the drywall itself. The knife literally broke to pieces in my hand!

I was shocked at how completely it broke apart. I had pins, springs, screws, the blade and chunks of the plastic handle all in my hand. It was like someone crushed up a knife and piled it in my palm. It crumbled in my hand.

That is when I realized that while the FRN Spyderco uses looks like plastic, it is not the same. Not everything that looks similar is the same.

Also, sometime later I was hiking and all I had was my Centofante 4. I had to use and abuse it much harder than I would normally use a small and thin knife like this. I was expecting it to fail at some point but I needed it so I used it. I figured I would use it until it broke and than I would figure out something else. Well, not only did it never break, it never got loose or showed any damage at all. That knife is still an EDC for me and I love. The bug has long since fallen out of the scale but the blade looks nearly new and is always razor sharp. I love Spyderco's VG-10.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Hmm, looks like a mixture of insect and plant DNA in that one. ;)
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!