Spyderco Native Damascus?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Pinetreebbs

Spyderco Native Damascus?

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Just saw this listing for a Spyderco Native Damascus blade, never read about any such thing. Even the box looks different from any I have seen. Comments?
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Yup - a common chinese rip-off :(
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Reported to ebay.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

ccc, i had my hopes up............
<--------------------<<<< >>>>-------------------->
GREAT ENERGY ~ AWESOME VIBES
The General

Post by The General »

Reported as well.

Its quite annoying that its an American seller who is claiming this is a genuine Spyderco. It almost gives the advert a sense of being genuine.

I wonder if its just a poorly edgeucated seller or if the seller is intentionally ripping people off? :confused:
My real name is Wayne :D
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

The General wrote:I wonder if its just a poorly edgeucated seller or if the seller is intentionally ripping people off? :confused:
I'm tempted to give them the benefit of the doubt if they are just what I'd call general bric-a-brac dealers ... people who sell all kinds of random stuff they obviously pick up from junk-sales. If he was selling a knife collection or he had quite a few knives then I'd be far more suspicious. But it does beg the question - how do the fakes/knock-offs get into the system in the first place - who is importing them and selling them on? That's the most difficult question to answer. But of course my opinion on a trader can change if they don't take down a fake item when they have been informed :rolleyes:

EDIT: Hmm, just seen the price he is trying to sell it for ... either he has been really badly misinformed about its value and maybe paid over the odds for it - or there may be more to this story :rolleyes: That's way more expensive than any Native and if he did any research at all he could have seen that this is not one of Spyderco's legit models ... my sympathy is ebbing away.
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

ChrisR wrote:EDIT: Hmm, just seen the price he is trying to sell it for ... either he has been really badly misinformed about its value and maybe paid over the odds for it - or there may be more to this story :rolleyes: That's way more expensive than any Native and if he did any research at all he could have seen that this is not one of Spyderco's legit models ... my sympathy is ebbing away.
Or he's just a more savvy crook, and figures a low price would be a tip-off that it's a rip-off.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
whkento

Post by whkento »

Ridiculous.
ffbeerd

Post by ffbeerd »

reported.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Gone.
Paul
TBob

Post by TBob »

Still there tonight. Reported and sent the seller an email.
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

TBob wrote:Still there tonight. Reported and sent the seller an email.
Still shows up, but it shows as ended yesterday with 0 bids. Which generally means the seller ended the auction rather than eBay pulling it. If eBay pulls it, it disappears.
Paul
TBob

Post by TBob »

The Deacon wrote:Still shows up, but it shows as ended yesterday with 0 bids. Which generally means the seller ended the auction rather than eBay pulling it. If eBay pulls it, it disappears.
Ahhh. Didn't notice the date - good catch. I wonder why the seller didn't just pull/delete the auction.
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder:
TBob

Post by TBob »

Got a note back from the seller this morning. Looks like he thought that it was genuine. I suggested checking this site before making that assumption and he agreed that was a better approach.
noodlefish

Post by noodlefish »

i got that for 8 bucks or so from dealextreme the handle is hard plastic not even close to FRN and i have no idea what the blade is, BUT its very sharp! i carry it as a throw away knife to loan to my friends. worth 8$ not 200$
ORANGE DODO NICEEEEEE

I listen to psychobilly, you should too!
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

uhh how would it even fit in that box? i mean it looks like the old ladybug one box. lol idiot :rolleyes:
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: Spyderco Native Damascus?

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Sorry for resurrecting a zombie thread but there's one of these up on eBay right now for $75! Search "Spyderco Damascus Native"
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King