How about that?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Neomik

How about that?

Post by Neomik »

I discovered today this ebay auction and thought to mention it to you all... I do not own yet a Military but even in my eyes those look suspiciously fake :cool: ... specially the Pocket clips and the finish over all:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Used-SPYDERCO-C36 ... 3cadc8e9ad

Anyway it is really disturbing that some dudes use a good brand and it's name and reputation to sell their crap.

Have a good day and stay save

Michael
Michael
[CENTER]-. . ...- . .-. .-- .. - .... --- ..- - -- -.-- ... .--. -.-- -.. . .-. -.-. ---[/CENTER]
[CENTER]:spyder:“Simplicity is the key to brilliance”:spyder:[/CENTER]
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

these look like the real deal to me. Early military models? Maybe someone who has a better knowledge than me will weigh in on this one.
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Interesting... there's no markings on the blades. *scratches head* They look real but I do not own one so I'll sit back with the beer and the popcorn on this one.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
rycen

Post by rycen »

They are real.Be aware that they a probly put together with misappropriated parts.
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

Did you see were the seller is from? Just east of Golden. Interesting?

Let's ask him some questions?
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

While looking at the listing he also has two PE milis? listed. I just emailed him the following:
I did not see any markings on the blades. Are you the original purchaser? Can you tell me what kind of blade steel these are? I also noticed you have two plain edge one for sale are they marked?
rycen

Post by rycen »

He will say he knows nothing.
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
araneae

Post by araneae »

This seller (and another- possibly the same person- Travis) is a notorious seller of cobbled together, questionable, factory second Spydercos, etc. They purport to know little about the knives, although they sell more used Spydies than probably any other ebay seller.

It has also appeared that they may read these forums. I would avoid ANYTHING they sell. It is probably safe to assume all knives are factory defects/returns/going out the back door. Some are potentially unsafe as they are made from parts. The means by which they acquire these is at very least questionable.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

Thanks for the info!