Fakie?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
mikerestivo

Fakie?

Post by mikerestivo »

This appears to be a fake to me. Correct me if I'm wrong:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-SPYDERCO-Huntin ... 3cad8a3523
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

You will surely be right about that!
Come Join Us Click Here
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

Definitely.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

They just didn't even try with that one.
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

This always pisses me off!!! They are really ballsy showing this POS with a Spyderco box. I just reported this to Ebay as fraudulent listing
Streamer

Post by Streamer »

It doesn't really bother me but which model Spyderco is it a repro of?
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

It's a repro of the same knock off stuff that keeps flood this country. The problem I have with it and others like it is the fact they put the Spyderco's name and logo on the blade and the seller photographed the knife with a Spyderco Box.

I own a few spydies made in china I have no problems with owning them. They are a great value for the money. Spyderco monitors the quality of these knives and THEY put their name on them. This knife is a total Fake with a great companies name on it. This is not good for Spyderco and can damage their great name.

Please when you see one of these rip offs on ebay click on Report this item report it to ebay. they will hopefully remove the listing!
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Streamer wrote:It doesn't really bother me but which model Spyderco is it a repro of?
I think the point is that a lot of these fakes aren't a repo of anything - they are just bad quality knives with the Spyderco name and/or logo printed on them to give them some kind of credibility :(
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

ChrisR wrote:I think the point is that a lot of these fakes aren't a repo of anything - they are just bad quality knives with the Spyderco name and/or logo printed on them to give them some kind of credibility :(
You are very correct in your statement. The problem is putting the spyderco name and logo on them. Not everyone buying from ebay is an expert on knives or avid collectors of certain brands like the members on this forum. So, some unknowing person who has heard of Spyderco knives being a great brand buys one of these knives thinking they got a great deal. They get it in the mail and bam it's just another cheep chinesse POS. It damages the name and reputation of the company we love or we would not be here talking about this.

That is why I'm asking everyone who comes across these fakes to report it to ebay, it's easy. Just click on Report this Item located in the right upper qtr of the listing (I think it's near contact seller) It only takes about a minute to do this. Ebay asks three questions and a breif disciption of item.

We are not going to stop it, but we can put a big dent in it if we flood ebay with reports.

Spyderco can't do it all the time they are to busy building us great new knives. They need our help!!!! :spyder:
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

billy blade wrote:We are not going to stop it, but we can put a big dent in it if we flood ebay with reports. Spyderco can't do it all the time they are to busy building us great new knives. They need our help!!!! :spyder:
Absolutely - I agree - the fact they aren't copying anything specific isn't an excuse - it's a trademark infringement at the very least. :) I report any that I see.
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)