Another Travis scam on eBay

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Even casting him in the best possible light, as an "knife ignorant" but honest merchant who has had the incredible bad fortune over the past couple years to purchase and resell:

-- A number of "never was" Spydercos which someone assembled from parts. The one which paired a Rescue blade with an Endura handle was a classic.

-- A number of others which appeared to be pieced together.

-- Several Spydercos which could only have "walked" out of the factory as they were never offered for sale.

-- A number of Spydercos with visible seconds notches, with no mention that they were seconds

While there's always some risk buying used knives, those things alone should be enough to make any sensible Spyderco buyer steer clear of his stuff.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
2cha

Post by 2cha »

I just got scammed on ebay--despite reading all the warnings (not by Travis unless he has another business). At any rate, I bought the recently listed Centofante II, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =all&tid=0.
I couldn't tell from photos on my small screen, but the top edge of the knife--and perhaps on whole blade side, was ground down and polished presumably to obscure the factory second grind. Oh well. Cost me a few emails, a trip to the post office, and some dashed excitement. What doesn't kill me makes me wiser. The seller was very polite and apologetic about the whole thing--he really doesn't deal much in knives based on his other listings. Plus, if it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't have known what to watch for, thanks.
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Don't feel bad, you aren't the only one it's happened to when buying on Ebay. I got a Merlin that had no mention of a notch or being a factory second. But it did have and is a factory second. Still a good knife though, but the anal side of me now says that I have to get another one that is "right". :D :eek: :D
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE