Another fake UKPK

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Peruna

Another fake UKPK

Post by Peruna »

Watch it people, there is another fake UKPK on eBay. You can tell as it is missing the slots on the G-10 slab for left hand carry. Also notice the note about the bent wire clip.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _500wt_978
PostalGlock'n

Post by PostalGlock'n »

Thank you for contacting me on this knife. I have removed it from Ebay.

I was really fooled by this and didn't know if I believed it was fake at first. I tried to search to see if first runs of the UKPK didn't have both sides slotted for clip and couldn't find anything. It really looked real until I got several of my other Spydercos and the "tick" is so very different. The fake has a point out of the mouth instead of forming an "A" at the mouth and the bottom is more straight than curving. The lettering is identical to my Yojimbo (SPYDERCO CPMS30V), capital letters and no space between CPMS30V. My Manix, Chinook 3 and P'Kal are (Spyderco CPM S30V).

Again, thanks for alerting me this is a fake and I wasn't trying to fool anyone. I bought it and a Gerber 06 off a fellow at a gun show in Kingsport TN in Feb or March. I gave $30 for it and thought that was decent for S30V with no box. Wouldn't remember the guys face if he stood in front of me now.
picobrain

Post by picobrain »

Thanks for the honesty.

p.s. It's not a tick... it's a spider
FreeRider67

Post by FreeRider67 »

maybe the one on his knife... is a tick!