Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Redeye

Post by Redeye »

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Looks more like they've just blurred out the markings. Maybe that means eBay is cracking down a bit on the fakes.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

They've been selling them as "no brand" for a while ... as you say, presumably to avoid being pulled instantly. The message will get through if they keep getting reported and the accounts closed down ... but it takes a lot of vigilance :)
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
Meshuggah

Post by Meshuggah »

Spyderco's owned: Worker, Police (9 different versions), Captain, ATR (2x), Endura, Tenacious, Gayle Bradley, Delica, Terzuola, Terzuola Jr., Ti Military, Lum Chinese (in Ti and black), Lum Tanto Ti, Lum Tanto sprint, ParaMedic PE, Manix I, Manix I sprint, Civilian, Spyderfly, Szabofly, Starmate, Navaja

Incoming : Manix I

Want: CF Police

Grail : Civilian PE
rycen

Post by rycen »

Fake
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
EricTheRed

bad knock-off Spydie Tanto

Post by EricTheRed »

Hello, I found another terrible :spyder: knock-off. This claims to be a :spyder: Tanto and even has "Spyderco" emblazoned on it along with the :spyder: but the truth is obvious.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Just hoping to make the world safe for all fresh SpydieHeads :)
WMR

Post by WMR »

This one on ebay says it is a mule.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Spyderco-Mule-CPMS3 ... 500wt_1156
calstyleee

Post by calstyleee »

I don't own a spyderco so I don't know but if it says "made in golden Colorado, USA earth" is it a fake?
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

calstyleee wrote:I don't own a spyderco so I don't know but if it says "made in golden Colorado, USA earth" is it a fake?
Good question, some Spyderco knives are made in Golden and are marked that way. Since some makers of fake Spyderco knives go to the trouble of making fake packaging they could easily fake the markings.

A picture would help.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
EricTheRed

Post by EricTheRed »

calstyleee wrote:I don't own a spyderco so I don't know but if it says "made in golden Colorado, USA earth" is it a fake?
Spyderco has that inscribed on some of there knives (my Caly3 CF being one) post a picture or a link here and we can give a more definitive answer.
WMR

Post by WMR »

The reason I posted that link is because the knife blank shown is not a Spyderco from the Mule Team collection. So it is, at least, mislabeled as a Spyderco Mule.
I see nothing like it in the Spyderco catalog. So what is it?
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

WMR wrote:The reason I posted that link is because the knife blank shown is not a Spyderco from the Mule Team collection. So it is, at least, mislabeled as a Spyderco Mule.
I see nothing like it in the Spyderco catalog. So what is it?

It looks like the Spyderco Bushcraft blank sold by Woodcraft.
They still list this blade on their website: http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/208036 ... Knife.aspx

This is a link to the catalog listing: http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=471
WMR

Post by WMR »

Thank you Pintreebbs. That is just what I needed to know.
klamp

Post by klamp »

How many sprint run Para 2s are in circulation? Does anyone know if anyone is faking this one (gray, CTS20CP)? I'd hate to drop $200 for a knock off. There are several on ebay (US site), but I don't know if they're legit.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

klamp wrote:How many sprint run Para 2s are in circulation? Does anyone know if anyone is faking this one (gray, CTS20CP)? I'd hate to drop $200 for a knock off. There are several on ebay (US site), but I don't know if they're legit.
None that I have heard about. Most of the knock off knives are non locking or liner locks, the exception being the Pollywog fakes.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

EricTheRed wrote:Spyderco has that inscribed on some of there knives (my Caly3 CF being one) post a picture or a link here and we can give a more definitive answer.
The Caly 3 CF is made in Japan
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
SockMonster

Post by SockMonster »

Hello. New here. Whatever. I reported a site called dhgate.com on Spyderco's facebook page last December (the person running the FB page told me that they'd look into it), as well as reporting them to other manufacturers because of what they were doing to those manufacturers as well. All brands of every knife you find there are all fakes (put spyderco into their product search bar and prepare to be appalled). I've seen a majority of fake Spyderco's that sell on ebay being sold there, and quite a few other fake spydercos I haven't seen. It isn't just 20 or 30 knives either but actually I say thousands of fakes of all major knife brands.
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx SockMonster and welcome to the Spyderco forum. I'll forward your info to legal.

sal
TBob

Post by TBob »

Sal,

dhgate.com is based in China, FWIW. They sell a huge variety of knock-offs, including electronics and toys. It's like a huge Chinese clearing house for counterfeiters.
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder:
smitty704

Spyderco Tenacious

Post by smitty704 »

I purchased a spyderco tenacious tonight on eBay from username "unitedoutdoors". It was for $29.99 shipped. I think this is a pretty good deal, and was curious it this sounds to good to be true, or is this a pretty reasonable price seen lots of times before. Also, has anyone heard of there being any fake "tenacious" models, or is this not an expensive enough model for the need to manufacture a fake?

And hello to everyone here, I am new to this forum. Great to be on a knife forum for a change, I pretty much live on gun forums.