Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
ThePeacent

Re: Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

Post by ThePeacent »

^^ I hope you are not saying what I think you are saying, and just joined for that
Str8NyCe

Blank

Post by Str8NyCe »

Blank
Last edited by Str8NyCe on Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
inkdigger

Post by inkdigger »

This Ebay seller is selling a Fake Bento Box PM2, and a Fake Blade HQ Jade PM2...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Param ... SwerRbmB1V

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Param ... SwyqVboFiS
inkdigger

Post by inkdigger »

This eBay seller continues to list counterfeit PM2's, I have his personal contact details if Spyderco wants them.

Fake Bento Box M390, shown with a real DLT M390.

Jigokuoni

Post by Jigokuoni »

Got this today at a garage sale, kinda dull took it to a guy that sharpens knives. He told me it was a knock off and would give me my 10$ back for it. It sounded shady so I tried to look it up can’t find a whole lot about it. Anyone have any ideas if it’s real or not? He said since the spider wasn’t on the blade it’s fake.
Attachments
D6B87675-5E81-4582-81F0-A0056FD15934.jpeg
DC384728-763B-4ABC-A78D-6E5655F9A458.jpeg
sparky2016

Post by sparky2016 »

The photo, quantity and seller suggest these are fake Salt 1s:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDERCO-KNIVE ... 0705842163
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

inkdigger wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:53 pm
This eBay seller continues to list counterfeit PM2's, I have his personal contact details if Spyderco wants them.

Fake Bento Box M390, shown with a real DLT M390.

What seller?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Jigokuoni wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:52 pm
Got this today at a garage sale, kinda dull took it to a guy that sharpens knives. He told me it was a knock off and would give me my 10$ back for it. It sounded shady so I tried to look it up can’t find a whole lot about it. Anyone have any ideas if it’s real or not? He said since the spider wasn’t on the blade it’s fake.

99.99% chance it's a real Spyderco Military made about 20 years ago. Very nice find, very collectible knife, and the guy who told you it's fake is an idiot.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Saw this when negotiating on a used Spydie.

Think this might be fake, based on price and location

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Spyderco-Ci ... SwSYpbyIiW
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
shao.fu.tzer

Post by shao.fu.tzer »

Been a long time since I've posted, but I spend about an hour a day reporting sellers offering knock-offs as the real thing. I'm sick of seeing people fall for it and pay real Spyderco prices. They have no idea that they've been duped, and Ebay never does anything about the sellers that I report. I have gone so far as to purposefully overbid on counterfeit knives and then not pay, citing that the knife is a counterfeit. Sometimes, all I have to do is win the auction, and the seller will immediately cancel my order, knowing that I'm knowledgeable enough to know that they're scamming. I've called Ebay CS multiple times and they always give some convoluted "we can't keep track of every listing" type of answer. The problem is, I've been sending multiple reports on some sellers for months now and they continue to operate unimpeded, selling $25 knives for $160. I sell some Spydercos on Ebay and it hurts that I'm only making $20-30 a knife on the real deal while these guys are making a fortune duping the innocent. It degrades from Spyderco's reputation as well as hurting my income. Before the counterfeits really started hitting, I had a pretty successful knife business on Ebay - now, I'm constantly being questioned if my knives are authentic and have seen a steady decline in sales as the counterfeiters move in en masse on Ebay. I'm trying but Ebay seems more concerned with making a $ than busting the bad guys. Spyderco, you need to move now and shut these guys down.
Grey_Beard_73

Post by Grey_Beard_73 »

I have seen a number of Harpies with the making "SEK-CITY Japan", that is "SEK" instead of "SEKI". Has anybody else seen the same thing, and if so are these knives cheap knock-offs?
theenginerd

Post by theenginerd »

There's a fake Tenacious with light blue scales for sale on ebay.
It's located in Bulgaria, with worldwide shipping. The listing doesn't mention any model name, but the knife is claimed to be a Spyderco.

The seller is a newly created account and also offers a fake Squeak for sale.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

theenginerd wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:49 am
There's a fake Tenacious with light blue scales for sale on ebay.
It's located in Bulgaria, with worldwide shipping. The listing doesn't mention any model name, but the knife is claimed to be a Spyderco.

The seller is a newly created account and also offers a fake Squeak for sale.
Hi, theenginerd:
Welcome to our forum. If you can include a link to what you've found, we'd be happy to share it with our legal team.

We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
theenginerd

Post by theenginerd »

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:05 am
If you can include a link to what you've found, we'd be happy to share it with our legal team.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Serrated-Spyde ... 3115730638
theenginerd

Post by theenginerd »

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:05 am
If you can include a link to what you've found, we'd be happy to share it with our legal team.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/303115730638
etn06448

Post by etn06448 »

Hello, new to this forum and Spyderco.
Anyone have experience with this Ebay seller? Looks like the best deal for this knife. Too good to be true?
Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Param ... 4583!US!-1
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, etn06448:
Welcome to our forum. I would highly recommend that you not purchase that knife. You know what they say about things that seem too good to be true.

We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
WyoSpyderboy

Post by WyoSpyderboy »

I know a lot of folks cannot not afford to buy some of the knives retail and look for bargains on ebay, Amazon and Craig's list. IMHO I buy direct from Spyderco - yes, prices are not discounted but I save up until I can afford one. Plus I know I am getting a genuine Spyderco, the customer support is outstanding and I am supporting a company that makes great knives. When I am in Denver, I also go to the outlet in Golden - prices are discounted at the Spyderco outlet. Thanks, Sal for making great knives.
cyberfish2

Post by cyberfish2 »

I have to admit I was too intrigued by a $30 Spyderco Police for sale on eBay to pass it up. My biggest surprise was how authentic it looked, down to the box and paperwork. It actually fooled me, briefly, until I used it for a few days, and the edge dulled quickly. It shipped from Amsterdam, but the listed point of origin was China.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Knife ... ctupt=true.
There are several other sellers, with identical listings. I got the C model, Stainless steel.
I have a Spyderco Catcherman, and a Grasshopper (my EDC). Both are real, and well worth the money. You get what you pay for. Can you buy from the factory directly, to insure you get the real deal??
Every day is a gift.