Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
anagarika

Re: Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

Post by anagarika »

Chris :spyder:
clonewarsvet

Post by clonewarsvet »

I hate to do this on Christmas day but I've been watching a certain seller on eBay and it just gets my goat that people are bidding on these auctions. I just had to make an account to report this. Handle is t_amena_oyuno3

I strongly suspect this seller is peddling fakes, mostly Spydies but also other commonly faked brands.

Here's a finished auction for a CF pm2 that's marked "s30v." I'm pretty sure the real models were in s90v and the blade marking looks off in any case.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/spyderco-knife ... SwCtJaNwQX

Here's another CF Yojimbo 2, again marked s30v. The angle from edge to tang is visibly less crisp than it is on the real thing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NM-SPYDERCO-YO ... SwY~laOjyV

This is an active listing for an orange-handled Endura marked zdp-189, listed as hap40. The orange Enduras, iirc, are vg-10.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-C10FP ... SwjyhaPzRd

The seller also has a Civilian and a Khalsa listed. The Civilian doesn't have the expected cutout in the lockbar. This difference was noted in some YouTube comparison models of the clones and the real deal.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Civil ... SwaSZaQD9w

Every recent spydie he or she has sold is either commonly faked model and the limited pictures show the same characteristics as the known fakes.
SharpieB

Post by SharpieB »

Just saw this just posted on Fasttech’s forum. Good stuff!

Spyderco clones - gone!
Just noticed that Fasttech has removed nearly all the spyderco clones from the site - possibly under duress from spyderco or maybe too many are getting confiscated at customs.
Shame as I had my eye on a couple

I love me some Fasttech for vaping crap and other electronic trinkets, but good to see they are pulling clone knives. Not like they don’t sell a ton of Sanrenmu and Ganzos in any case....
H0bbs

Post by H0bbs »

clonewarsvet wrote:I hate to do this on Christmas day but I've been watching a certain seller on eBay and it just gets my goat that people are bidding on these auctions. I just had to make an account to report this. Handle is t_amena_oyuno3

I strongly suspect this seller is peddling fakes, mostly Spydies but also other commonly faked brands.

Here's a finished auction for a CF pm2 that's marked "s30v." I'm pretty sure the real models were in s90v and the blade marking looks off in any case.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/spyderco-knife ... SwCtJaNwQX

Every recent spydie he or she has sold is either commonly faked model and the limited pictures show the same characteristics as the known fakes.
Yea I noticed a few of those as well and thought "wow that looks fake and its shipping from the US (supposedly)"

I recently picked up a PM2 from a forum where I couldn't see anything wrong in the photos but upon receiving it I had some concerns...
The PM2 was supposedly a "S35vn without the original scales, and flytanium carbon fiber scales"... Came with a box and Edge-u-cation paperwork stating it as a S35 brown exclusive. Where my big concern is the grind line above the Spyderhole... Any thoughts?

I notice that this looks a bit like the ones sold by "t_amena_oyuno3" on ebay.... Anybody have an opinion on this knife's authenticity?
whiteeagle58

Post by whiteeagle58 »

This guy is selling fake Rubicons on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Folding-Knife- ... 0011.m1850

Unfortunately, I fell for one about a month ago before I found out :( . I confronted him, and he offered a refund, less his shipping fee. I had to pay for return shipping. I contacted Spyderco to advise them; I contacted eBay to report him (they've done absolutely NOTHING about it :mad: ); and I contacted PayPal to try to get the rest of my funds (shipping) returned, but they washed their hands of it :mad: . So, a lesson learned. I despise being lied to and stolen from, both of which this eBay seller have done to me, and to others who may not realize that their "Spyderco" is a fake. I hope this information is of some value to others.
Spyderco Paramilitary 2 Satin S30V Black G10
clonewarsvet

Post by clonewarsvet »

H0bbs wrote:
I notice that this looks a bit like the ones sold by "t_amena_oyuno3" on ebay.... Anybody have an opinion on this knife's authenticity?
I don't have a PM2 on hand, real or fake, but beyond the grind, I don't see anything that sets off any alarms. Have you checked the liners, screws, and jimping? The jimping looks backswept to me but I can't confirm from the pictures. Look up the comparisons on YouTube. There's also a reddit thread on it that's called something like "Spotting a Fake Paramilitary 2" that's more recent.

Here's another eBay peddler of fakes as the real thing. Seller name, hovsus9_5

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=hov ... efine=true

Check selling history on eBay. These sellers of fakes are always pushing the common clone models, Jot Singh Khalsas, Rubicons, PM2s, Yojimbos, etc. No collector, user, or even flipper has like 5 Khalsas :rolleyes: They sell these because they're commonly available and they don't look too far off from the real deal until you examine it up close, which is why they only include a few crappy photos with their auctions
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Chris :spyder:
Blake

Post by Blake »

Hey new member here and I am having some serious anxiety regarding an endura 4 FFG in green I bought a few weeks ago. As soon as I learn how to upload pictures I will come back and post. I would like any input this community has to offer.
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

Straight up ripoff of the dogtag design by LA Police Gear....

https://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-kn-ms ... ealth.html
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

-Marc (pocketing a Maxamet Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

wrdwrght wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:29 pm
Good grief!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2634039733
US based as well !

I can't believe they get $32 for those.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
PointyThings

Post by PointyThings »

PM2 S110V All-black with Carbon Fiber Scales

Go this one from a $50 lot of EDC items on eBay. Seller didn't call out the "Spyderco" knife in the subject or listing. Only had it in the photo. So I don't think there was intent to deceive by the seller.

The other items in the lot more than made up for the price, so I don't feel I was burned.

But I couldn't find a mention online of this particular fake, so I wanted to post it here.

Details:

All hardware and blade are black. Scales are carbon fiber, drilled and tapped for 4-position clip. Imprints don't have depth in the blade.

Imprinted on front:
Spyderco
CPM S110V

The knife has been carried and the edge has a couple dings.
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

Looks like this guy sells nothing but spyderco fakes. There's a couple in there I hadn't seen before.
https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=chenw ... rue&_pgn=1
safetyexpert1

Post by safetyexpert1 »

I just purchased an endura 4 on amazon, thinking that it was a real Spyderco. I inspected it very carefully after I noticed the torx screws were a different kind than all my other Spydercos. Also, they were not recessed like my other endura 4. Everything else was virtually identical. The weight, the scales, the symbol on the blade. It was indeed a very good fake. Buyer beware if buying knives on amazon.
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

PointyThings comment " Imprints don't have depth in the blade."

Would I be correct in saying a fair few (or possible most/all) fakes have this problem ?
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

I gotta say that’s a nice looking fake. I don’t buy knives on Amazon any more and don’t remember buying any Spydies there. I don’t buy stuff on eBay either since getting burned once. Plenty of legit online knife businesses to patronize.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
Mackdad

Post by Mackdad »

What kind of metal does the fakes have 420
Rhix

Post by Rhix »

Fake Delica’s on Amazon, third party seller fulfilled by Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C1W5M23/re ... rBb61CN2XT
:spyder:
Robert
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mikecutslikeaknife

Post by Mikecutslikeaknife »

can i post a pic of a couple i have and yall tell me what they are worth maybe