Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
tap78

Post by tap78 »

My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

Jeremy_A_Neel

Post by Jeremy_A_Neel »

spyderman1970 wrote:This particular seller is on my s*%t list... He also has a fake spin and a fake UKPK he's trying to pass off as real. I politely informed him that they were replicas as was assured that he would correct the problem immediately. I felt like I'd done my good deed for a while because he seemed genuinely surprised that they weren't real. What really gets me is that he has a rating of 100% and over 10000 feedback. How the **** does that happen ?
I've noticed that most of the chinese sellers on ebay have impossibly high feedback I forget the term for it, but it's fraudulently achieved, with the help of a few other accounts. It's blatantly against ebay's rules, but I haven't found a way to report them
"If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person - they will find an easier way to do it." -Hlade's Law
Johnny88

Post by Johnny88 »

Making a trade with someone and this SS Native looks a little suspect.... Pictures I could find of SS Native are marked " Spyderco AUS 10 Stainless" not just Spyderco VG 10 and the writing seems to be angled, but that could be the photo . What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for you feedback.

shynkx

Re: Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

Post by shynkx »

Hey Guys,

I post here my first message cause I need your help and all your experience. I bought one week ago my first delica 4 on Amazon France. As I'm an eternal paranoïac I tried to figure out if it was a true real one ! I watched so many unboxing videos and various photos that I still don't know. The thing did make me doubt is the spyderco letter in the box. It is not the same as the classic one I see everywhere on internet (with the edge-u-cation on the top). The paper quality is really good, the print text too.The knife itself really looks to be a genuine and I have no reason to think that Amazon would sell fakes... So guys have you already see this kind of paper before ? Thanks ;)

fishingfan

Re: Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes Sage

Post by fishingfan »

Not a fake, but an advertised 'Sage Replica'. It fooled me at first....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Sage-H ... 41879da6bd" target="_blank
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

That looks like a Kopa, not a Sage.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

3rdGenRigger wrote:That looks like a Kopa, not a Sage.
Indeed first time I see a fake Kopa :eek:
BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

Laethageal

Post by Laethageal »

BronislovasLTU wrote:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Best-Chr ... 42993.html

Fake Civilian.
The complete list of fake coming out of aliexpress and similar Chinese reseller is on the first 5 thread. Civilian have been out for many months. This morning they added 3 different handle color, green, orange and desert tan. Check the thread if you wanna see some pictures.
Leighman1964

Post by Leighman1964 »

New guy here...great forum!

Question...has anyone dealt with a company called 'Supreme Solution' on Ebay and if so, have their Spyderco offerings been legit?

Thanks!
Laethageal

Post by Laethageal »

Can't say for Spyderco but a quick search result show there have been people complaining about receiving fake SD card from a user name supreme solution.

Edit: Further search to his ebay store show he does carry many model that haven't been counterfeit and are legit.
If it's not polished, call it a saw, not an edge!
eppson977

Post by eppson977 »

Hi, does this look legit to you all? http://www.ebay.com/itm/131364515737?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT" target="_blank
It does to me but I wanted a second opinion.
Thanks,
epp
Alnamvet68

Post by Alnamvet68 »

It would be nice to have a comprehensive list of all the Spyderco models that have been counterfeited.
heavy_set_slim

Post by heavy_set_slim »

Hello all,i recently purchased a Lum chinese almite sprint with the black blade...However the blade doesnt have any stamps on the ricasso,no vg10,no spyderco,no seki city & the bug logo has horizontal lines in it. please help me figure this mystery out. also my first time trying anything like this,not sure if i did it right.
DougC-3

Huge number of fakes on DHGate

Post by DougC-3 »

I haven't frequented this subforum much but only saw about 10 mentions of DHGate in a cursory search here. I just stumbled onto the site and was astonished to see that it's laid out sort of like eBay and a search for Spyderco knives turned up 1860 hits.

http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search. ... arch201403" target="_blank

The ones I saw ranged in price from about $4 to about $38 and pretended to be PM2's, Militaries, Dragonflies, Claw Karambit hiking knife christmas gift, Karahawk Karambit Civilian with a picture of a Vallottan, etc. The pictures and descriptions were fairly random, sometimes with no relation between the steel stamped on the blade and the one in the description and sometimes with both claiming S30V. Some of the pictures seemed to be real, probably stolen off eBay.

It was so disgusting I didn't hang around long enough to find out what all designs are being pirated. I'm sure I can assume that the Spyderco Crew has long been painfully aware of these goings on.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
V-Edge

Post by V-Edge »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-civili ... 27fa96a2fc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's someone selling a "rare" green G10 Civilian...one that looks suspiciously like the ones listed on Ali-Express here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spyderco ... 56374.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Think I should report this item as fake to Ebay?
Deadfaller

Post by Deadfaller »

Hey, so I recently purchased a Spyderco Pacific Salt off ebay and i'd like to know if the dealer is legit and if there are any ways to tell if the pacific salt is fake. Here is the page : http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDERCO-C91PBK ... 3f37f2ff4b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

And the seller is : supremesolution
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Deadfaller wrote:Hey, so I recently purchased a Spyderco Pacific Salt off ebay and i'd like to know if the dealer is legit and if there are any ways to tell if the pacific salt is fake. Here is the page : http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDERCO-C91PBK ... 3f37f2ff4b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

And the seller is : supremesolution
Welcome to the forum Deadfaller. I have bought two or three knives from them in the last couple of years, and as far as I know they are totally legit. Their prices were a little lower than most and they shipped quick. I got a left handed Military from them and I seriously doubt that anybody would go to the trouble to make or sell a fake low demand knife like that :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
losinground

Post by losinground »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-Small- ... 3a88a4e4d1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;